Resource icon

OBS Shutdown Plugin 0.1.2

norihiro

norihiro

Can OBS 27.2.4 be used?
I've released a new version that also supports OBS 27.2.4 on Windows. Please also install obs-websocket 5.0.1 from the link above because CallVendorRequest is not supported by obs-websocket 4.

For Linux and macOS, sending SIGINT will terminate OBS as well so I assume this plugin is not so interesting for macOS and Linux users.

SonnyWalkman

Hello,
Can this plugin work with windows? If so, could we get plugin dll in zip file. From GitHub, believe need to compile from source then install which is a pain on windows. Placing a shutdown.dll into the plugins folder the easy option.

PoWeR-Ding

I've released a new version that also supports OBS 27.2.4 on Windows. Please also install obs-websocket 5.0.1 from the link above because CallVendorRequest is not supported by obs-websocket 4.

For Linux and macOS, sending SIGINT will terminate OBS as well so I assume this plugin is not so interesting for macOS and Linux users.

Can OBS 27.2.4 be applicable to OBS websocket 5.0.1?

My current version is: obs websocket 4.9.1

PoWeR-Ding

Excuse me, OBS Shutdown Plugin 0.1.2 is it similar to the effect of a user pressing the exit button? (Save all data normally)

I have tried using 'taskkill im obs64. exe' without saving data.

norihiro

Excuse me, OBS Shutdown Plugin 0.1.2 is it similar to the effect of a user pressing the exit button? (Save all data normally)

I have tried using 'taskkill im obs64. exe' without saving data.
Yes, it should be the same behavior as clicking the Exit button. OBS should be shutdown cleanly; data will be saved cleanly and, on OBS 30.0 (now beta phase), the unclean-shutdown detection won't popup the dialog.

PoWeR-Ding

Yes, it should be the same behavior as clicking the Exit button. OBS should be shutdown cleanly; data will be saved cleanly and, on OBS 30.0 (now beta phase), the unclean-shutdown detection won't popup the dialog.
That's great. This is the feature I have been looking for, and it also fills in the official lack of an API for 'exiting the program'

PoWeR-Ding

Yes, even when a projector window is open, OBS can be shutdown by this plugin.
Sorry, that's not what I meant.

What I mean is: can I use this plugin to turn off an already opened projector? (Because OBS does not have an API to 'turn off projector')

norihiro

What I mean is: can I use this plugin to turn off an already opened projector? (Because OBS does not have an API to 'turn off projector')
I'm sorry I misunderstood.
Currently, closing the projector window is not supported by this plugin.

I recommend you vote on this site if you have not.

I'm considering an idea to access generic Qt features through the obs-websocket API, not just quiting OBS. For example, finding a button widget and sending a click event. This idea might cover the feature of closing the projector. So far, this idea is just in my brain. I have not started to write the code.

Probably, one of the difficulties is how to find the projector window. There can be multiple projector windows and sometimes multiple projector windows can show the same source or same scene.

Dobrowney

2 Questions. 1. I tried to install this to OBS-Studio-30.0.2 and just get an Error saying it was not able to load. Am Guessing it is not Supported for this version? 2. Is it possible to run this threw something like Streamerbot, if so how would 1 do that ? Am not good with Coding so looking at this is very French to me. I thought maybe the commands would show up in OBS Raw. Nope. I tried to use your Python Sample Code and converted it to C# and input it into Streamerbot and it just gives me an error. So cleary am too dumb to figure how to use this plugin.

norihiro

1. I tested the plugin with OBS-Studio 30.0.2 on Windows 10 on GitHub Actions and the plugin was loaded successfully. To investigate your issue, I need more detailed information such as what is your OS, what was the exact error message or log.

2. I'm sorry that I have no idea how to use Streamerbot.

quasi51

Hello,

Thank you for the plugin. I've installed it and am trying to invoke the shutdown routine from a stream desk using the "Multi OBS Controller" that is able to send raw websocket requests. The syntax seems to be slightly different from the example shutdown.py. I wonder if you have any suggestions for what I should put in the "Request Type" and "Request Data" fields.

Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• Multi-OBS-Controller.png
    Multi-OBS-Controller.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 20

norihiro

Hello,

Thank you for the plugin. I've installed it and am trying to invoke the shutdown routine from a stream desk using the "Multi OBS Controller" that is able to send raw websocket requests. The syntax seems to be slightly different from the example shutdown.py. I wonder if you have any suggestions for what I should put in the "Request Type" and "Request Data" fields.

Thank you for any help.
I think this issue and it's comment addressed the same issue. Could you have a look at this?