Question / Help OBS running out of application memory, after 2 years of no problems?

Sgt_Rek

Did this ever get sorted? I'm having the exact same problem!

I just don't understand. OBS running at 64GB??

Actually, yeah.I found that when I was running my Logitech webcam at full resolution, the memory leak would just slowly start ticking. But when I put it down 1 or 2 resolution levels it stopped happening. I'm still not sure why in the world that would be causing it, but it definitely was the culprit.

Sorry for not reporting in sooner, been a crazy month!k

IKO

Hi, exact same problem here.
Are there any news about this.
Also on OSX Sierra with OBS 24.0.6

just created the advanced scene switcher as a workaround to switch to the same camera picture
two times, 2min with Streamlabs widgets "on" to 3 min without widget scene.
Is the problem solved with any other version i could use on my mac.
Cant upgrade my OSX due to Vst Plugins and my Audio setup that is running perfectly on Sierra.
Thanks in advanced
IKO

IKO

Actually, yeah.I found that when I was running my Logitech webcam at full resolution, the memory leak would just slowly start ticking. But when I put it down 1 or 2 resolution levels it stopped happening. I'm still not sure why in the world that would be causing it, but it definitely was the culprit.

Sorry for not reporting in sooner, been a crazy month!k

Does that mean you go out with a lower resolution of your CAM?
i def want to stream in 1080p and so are my cameras sorted.....
Greets

mirkun

Just wondering has this been solved yet? I just recently got a new Macbook, 2020 version, 16gb ram and 512gb SSD and did a stream and after the 1h10m mark I got the pop up and saw that OBS is using 100gb?

I only had one web browser overlay so it could have been that but I don't want to keep test streaming to see if the problem arises again. Thanks

IKO

Also, same problem here since the first time i installed OBS and used Streamlabs.
Problem are definately the Browser Sources.
If i remove all browser sources (streamlabs) then i have a stable stream and no memory leak.
Ram stays around 450mb. The whole stream in 1080p and 60fps.
With every Browser source that coming in...the RAM explodes...till a OBS Hang up.
This is happening on Sierra 10.12.6 with OBS 24.0.06 and also on a fresh Catalina 10.15.6 with fresh OBS 26.0.2.
I really dont get it why this problem cant be solved.
I bet every Mac User got the same problem in this moment when Browser Sources are used for streaming and showing follower, subs, bits, tips etc.
Is it so difficult to fix this?
But on the other hand, great job OBS writers. I love OBS,
i just wish this big problem could be fixed.
Than all of us Mac users would be in a hassle free no workaround streaming heaven.
Greets
IKO

reflekshun

Also, same problem here since the first time i installed OBS and used Streamlabs.
Problem are definately the Browser Sources.
If i remove all browser sources (streamlabs) then i have a stable stream and no memory leak.
Ram stays around 450mb. The whole stream in 1080p and 60fps.
With every Browser source that coming in...the RAM explodes...till a OBS Hang up.
This is happening on Sierra 10.12.6 with OBS 24.0.06 and also on a fresh Catalina 10.15.6 with fresh OBS 26.0.2.
I really dont get it why this problem cant be solved.
I bet every Mac User got the same problem in this moment when Browser Sources are used for streaming and showing follower, subs, bits, tips etc.
Is it so difficult to fix this?
But on the other hand, great job OBS writers. I love OBS,
i just wish this big problem could be fixed.
Than all of us Mac users would be in a hassle free no workaround streaming heaven.
Greets
IKO
I'm definitely still haven't this problem on Mojave 10.14.6, really crazy memory leaks. Pretty sure it's browser sources as well. I use some stream elements browser sources, and even though each process is using stable amount of memory, the actual OBS app itself in activity monitor is going up to 100GB RAM in about 30 minutes!

J3ster

Hi Guys,

I registered just so I could reply to these topics. I've discovered that with my streamelements overlays, when I set the text to scroll for my latest subscribers / followers etc is when the memory would spike. If I set the text to static there was no memory issues.

Hope that helps you guys!