Resource icon

OBS RTX SuperResolution v1.2

Bemjo

Bemjo submitted a new resource:

OBS RTX SuperResolution - nVidia RTX AI SuperResolution and upscaling as a source filter.

A plugin to enable nVidia RTX Video Super Resolution features as a source filter.

Allows the use of RTX AI SuperResolution or GPU accelerated Upscaling.
These can be combined with an RTX AI Artifact Reduction pre-pass mode as well to further process your source material.

See https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2023/02/28/rtx-video-super-resolution/ for more information about this.

Please see the github URLs for more information about features and usage.

Read more about this resource...

An RTX 4090 loses at most 10% performance from a 4k source with Nvidia Upscaling 1.5x.

The quality seems similar to StreamFX or FreeFX 2x strong preset, but StreamFX loses 3 or 4 times more performance.

Now it is possible to use Nvidia rescaling on the same gaming PC or on a RTX 3080 on a dedicated streaming PC.

I would like to try the heavy SuperResolution mode but the 4090 goes up to 100%.

The only mode I have been able to use from 4k is the Nvidia Upscaling 1.5x . Not the Heavy Upscaling or Nvidia Upscaling 2x. Neither AI prepass

Very good plugin

Bemjo

An RTX 4090 loses at most 10% performance from a 4k source with Nvidia Upscaling 1.5x.

The quality seems similar to StreamFX or FreeFX 2x strong preset, but StreamFX loses 3 or 4 times more performance.

Now it is possible to use Nvidia rescaling on the same gaming PC or on a RTX 3080 on a dedicated streaming PC.

I would like to try the heavy SuperResolution mode but the 4090 goes up to 100%.

The only mode I have been able to use from 4k is the Nvidia Upscaling 1.5x . Not the Heavy Upscaling or Nvidia Upscaling 2x. Neither AI prepass

Very good plugin

My apologies for responding so late, I wasn't aware this submission was approved!

I have fixed an error with the resolution ranges dealing with 2x scaling. I had some wrong settings for it, and never noticed as I don't have a 4k monitor and never noticed the problem.

I've posted a new release, and you should be able to do 2x scaling from 4k now.

As for performance using super resolution (not upscaling) with my 2080 RTX I have noticed that going to 4k has a substantial impact. The multiplier itself isn't the biggest impact on performance, but the target resolution you end up at seems to be.

I cannot use super resolution to get anything to 4k at > 25 FPS with 100% GPU load, and going to 1440p uses 80%+ GPU load at 60 FPS.
I would expect significant GPU load trying to do 2x super resolution scaling on a 4k input source.

Upscaling is significantly less heavy in terms of performance and memory.

AI Prepass is limited to a maximum of 1080p sources, it cannot be used on anything larger.

The Super Resolution and AI Prepass resolutions are hard limits imposed by the nvidia VFX SDK that powers this plugin