OBS regularly loses the connection when streaming (Twitch) after approx. 30 minutes.

HungryMonkey80

Problem: OBS regularly loses the connection when streaming (Twitch) after approx. 30 minutes.
After the automatic reconnection, I can continue the stream for several hours until the end without any further problems.

I have only just started streaming and using OBS.

I would be grateful for any advice and help to be able to stream without this disconnection.

Attachments

• 2024-01-14 21-00-27.txt
    119.7 KB · Views: 11

PaiSand

The log shows an issue on your netwrok. The most probable cause is your ISP but it could be the network cable, the router/modem, the network controller in your computer, the driver of the network controller, any "optimization" app used to make a better stable internet connection or other issues.

I saw an error on the Doricam plugin. Perhaps @dev47 can check if it's related to the network issue.

Use this app to more accuratelly measure your internet connection against Twitch servers:
Anything bellow 90 quality is bad and shows an issue on the network traffic, again, mos probably on the ISP.

dev47

It seems the network drops/resets/loses connection on the system, both DroidCam and RTMP connections are affected.

21:55:21.285: [DroidCamOBS] read header recv returned -1
21:55:21.291: WriteN, RTMP send error 10054 (712 bytes)
21:55:21.291: WriteN, RTMP send error 10038 (80 bytes)

It could be the WiFi router, or upstream at the ISP level, though I would suspect the router since DroidCam also loses connection.
Try restarting the router (unplug from power, wait a few secs, and plug back in), and double check the bandwidth utilization on the Wifi when everything is connected and streaming.

phbtt

Hi OBS,

Starting from OBS 30.1.2, I found that OBS encounters this problem more often. It's not entirely a network issue because after I see this has happened on the youtube end (i.e. youtube ended prematurely),

OBS still shows Streaming...
Click on Stop Streaming sometimes just shows Stopping.... forever.
Close OBS. UI is gone but OBS task is orphaned in the Windows Task Manager.
During all this time, Zoom is still streaming smoothly on Facebook's page (maybe showing a momentary quality degradation but streaming still continues happily).

Thanks a lot,

Giang

Attachments

• 2024-04-18 07-49-43.txt
    21 KB · Views: 3

PaiSand

It's not entirely a network issue because after I see this has happened on the youtube end (i.e. youtube ended prematurely),
You just described a network issue.
And the log file confirms it:
07:36:57.301: WriteN, RTMP send error 10053 (59 bytes)
07:36:57.301: WriteN, RTMP send error 10038 (42 bytes

Wireless connection isn't reliable enough, causing many connection issues like the one you describe. Use a wired connection, from your computer network adapter to the router/modem of the Internet connection in your place.

The error shown in the log file normally due to issues on the ISP side, but could be on the router / modem.
In the log file you can see you tested a wired connection with the same error results, which leads to think the problem is on the ISP side.
Close the antivirus and test again.
Try using Youtube HLS as it uses a different protocol to connect to the servers and see if goes well or not. If it fix the issue, you can contact your ISP about the issue on the RTMP protocol. If it still fail, then the issue may be on the router / modem or entirely on the ISP side.

phbtt

Last Sunday, this happened to me again on youtube (streamed by obs), while my Facebook page livestream (by zoom) is still crystal clear. This rules out ISP issue.

Please look at this facebook video https://fb.watch/rMfIozGOVQ/?mibextid=v7YzmG

In this video, After 26m52s, youtube was disconnected/ended.

After 30m25s, you can see that I clicked on Stop Streaming, close obs. Get warning when relaunching obs , had to kill the ghost obs app to relaunch again.

Thanks a lam and lll