OBS records video from canon m50 but not audio

Hi,

I have a canon eos m50. It records perfectly the video and the sound through a RODE microphone. When I connect the camera to OBS through the Canon eos utility, I am able to see myself on the screen and record some test footage, and OBS outputs it perfectly.

BUT in the output, the audio cannot be heard. For some reason, the camera connects fine and allows the images to be captured in OBS, but the microphone that is capturing the audio that is connected to the camera is not been saved with the video footage.

IS this an OBS or Canon issue, since the camera and the microphone work perfectly together when not connected to OBS.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Joe

Lawrence_SoCal

Which EOS Utility? do you mean the one specifically named EOS utility (and then using Windows capture), or the Canon EOS webcam BETA?

twindux

Have you setup an audio input device as a source? When I stream sound in from my external computer to my streaming computer via a video capture device, I need to add an Audio Capture Deivce source....which is the same name as the video capture device. Not sure if that's the issue or not, but thought it worth mentioning.

Lawrence_SoCal

Again - see my earlier reply. Some of (or is both) of the Canon USB based utilities do NOT transfer audio (in the README). So mic into camera is pointless for USB connection to PC.
The audio will record locally on camera, and you might get audio (camera model dependent) on HDMI out

Dr Lee

Rode mike connected to Canon m50 in movie mode to hp laptop with OBS had working sound, had to get new laptop (only one computer) not getting sound this time,
Thanks

Xavious

Canon M50 + Rode VideoMic + USB connection to computer.

Using Windows 10 Enterprise

Video and audio works when I record on the EOS Utility 3:>Live View.

Video works in OBS, Zoom, And Microsoft Teams but there is no audio selection for the camera. The Device manager recognized the camera in "Camera", "Portable Devices". Not showing up in "Audio, Video and Game Controllers", "Audio Inputs and Outputs".

I have uninstalled software and drivers, reconnected USB, restarted computer. Nothing works. The camera is set on manual video recording and audio set to manual. The camera shows the mic working.

Can not use EOS Utility the same time as OSB. OSB shows an EOS Webcam Utility (red exclamation mark) error. Guessing what it is supposed to do.

Anyways thanks for any info you guys/gals can provide.

search for mic settings-> deactive all mic setting and activate it again.
sometimes it is a windows security bug, that some apps can use a mic and some not, even when you have alllowed all apps to use your mic.