OBS records mic automatically

Tornotoma

Hey, I've used OBS for a while now and whenever I record "Display Capture" it would just record the display, not the mic. I just updated OBS to a new version and when I try to record "Display Capture" it automatically records my microphone as well.

My settings:
General: All Default
Stream: All Default
Output: Recording format: flv
Everything else: Default
Audio: All Default
Video: All Default
Hotkeys: All Default
Advanced: All Default

If someone has got an answer please tell me what to do and how to fix this problem.
Thanks in advance!

Marin M.

FerretBomb

Make sure in Settings->Audio your inputs are 'Disabled', not 'Default'.
Default there means to use the default system desktop and mic audio devices.

Teimo

Hey! I have the same issue. All my audio settings are "disabled", but the screen capture still records my microphone. I've resolved it by removing my audio capture from the scene and record my voice with just screen capture, but this results in some echoing sometimes when switching scenes. For example I have one scene with my camera and microphone and other scene with only screen capture. Sometimes it echoes for awhile and does this weird buzzing sound and a click, after that it sounds normal. I have no idea what to do and how to get rid of this. At the moment I think it's because I'm recording my voice basically from 2 different sources even though they are in different scenes. Any ideas?