Resource icon

OBS Python OBS Recording Manager 1.0

OZtwo

OZtwo submitted a new resource:

OBS Recording Manager - Split Recording video into user define timed clips and set recording times

# OBS Recording Manager
View attachment 35564
[OBS Lua Script](https://obsproject.com/docs/scripting.html) I created this script to better manage the videos being recorded by allowing the videos to re-start to make smaller files.
I as well added a Recording Time where if needed you can define a start and stop time in which OBS should record.

## Usage

- Select Recording Duration (Minutes) (1 to 120)
- If you plan to keep OBS running 24/7 set the Recording...

Read more about this resource...

Tim Elliott

Streaming and recording worked great! Exactly what I needed. Starts the stream and recording at a preset time. I even modified some of the script to give me finer start times (every 5 min) and eliminate some overnight hours.

AmrutaS

I have using the script for auto splitting the video file. We are setting the duration for 10 minutes. We need more precise timing so I changed duration of calling timer_check_recording to 5000 ms instead of 30000 ms. But after some time this timer_check_recording gets stuck and as a result generates the files whos duration is more than 10 mins. Any help on this will be appreciated.

debjit

I love the idea, It will help to stop data corruption and also help on showing reply in live production without losing video. Accident happens. Why not this feature added to obs?

djflakf1

Sr, help me, im trying to use u script, but just show "no propieties available" i put this python path,but nothing

C:/Users/Angie/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python37-32

even i tried using a portable version of python but nothing, please help.

TechButterfly

Does not seem to be working for me. I can see the parameters - I set them to enabled, 1 minute duration, record start none, end time 12 am, do not include streaming, no debug mode. When I start recording, it records in one continuous file, instead of 1 minute long files. Am I doing something wrong?

skol84

The same trouble at me. The properties does not shown. Nice idea, but does not work....a great pity.
My system:
Win10 64-Bit
OBS 23.2.1 64-Bit
Python 3.7 64-Bit

I hope the problem can be fixed soon.

AlexInf

Attachments

• Configure.JPG
    Configure.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 610
  • Configure1.JPG
    Configure1.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 599

skol84

Thanks for screenshot. With Python 37 still does not worked. I removed it and installed 36 and it is happened - I can see the properties!

kontrakolor

I have the same problem. How can i do by default the script enabled itself every time OBS is loaded?
Does anyone know how to improve the script to start automatically when OBS is started?

kontrakolor

HI! How can i do by default the script enabled itself every time OBS is loaded?

You must change the variable value in the script code. False to True in this:

def script_load(settings):
global Debug_Mode
if Debug_Mode: print("Calling Load")

obs.obs_data_set_bool(settings, "enabled", False)

kontrakolor

You must change the variable value in the script code. False to True in this:

def script_load(settings):
global Debug_Mode
if Debug_Mode: print("Calling Load")

obs.obs_data_set_bool(settings, "enabled", False)
Second change is:
Enabled_Recording = True
to
Enabled_Recording = "True"