OBS (recording) Fails to write file 50% of the time and gets stuck on "Stopping Recording..."

Redica

Normally when I click "Start Recording" I can see the file appear in the destination folder shortly afterwards. About 1 week ago I suddenly got an issue where when I press "Start Recording" the file would not appear in the destination folder and when I pressed "Stop Recording" OBS would get stuck on "Stopping Recording...". Pressing the button again would do nothing, leaving it appeared not to fix it either.

I reinstalled OBS and the problem went from happening 100% of the time to about 50% of the time. I changed a few settings (recording .mov to recording .mkv) and have also increased the bitrate from 4500 to 7500 which hasn't changed anything.

Is there something in the way I have things set up that could be causing this?

Here is the last log from when I tried this:
I managed to start and stop one recording with no issues, the second one was the problem I have described above.

Redica

After playing around a bit more I found that changing the Encoder from "NVIDEA NVENC H.264" to "x264" has stopped me being able to reproduce the problem. This may be a fix.

If anyone that knows more about this could tell me if this was the problem and what changing the encoder will change for me, I would appreciate it!