OBS recording a 1080p camera at 576p

CarmillaTLV

I record using a Canon M50 set to 1080p connected via USB3 and the EOS Webcam Utility. However, OBS cannot set the resolution at anything other than 1024x576. If I record on the camera and OBS simultaneously, the files on the camera are 1080p

I have the base and output resolution set to 1080 and screen capture looks great. Recording quality is set to same as stream. It's just the video capture that's giving me issues

My setup hasn't changed but this problem seems pretty recent so I'm wondering if it's an update that caused the issue. I've tried researching and I've found nothing. The problem seems to either be with OBS or the webcam driver but EOS hasn't updated that I'm aware of

It's not a hardware issue in my machine, this thing is a beast made specifically for video editing and I have great looking video and no lag everywhere else

Thanks in advance, this is kinda driving me nuts. Recording videos right in OBS is a lot easier than the manual methods since I can do some mixing and editing live which saves time down the line

EDIT: I just tried rolling OBS back to version 27 and the problem is persisting. I don't recall having this issue with this version before

Last edited: