Resource icon

OBS-OpenLP Lyrics Interface 1.4.4

amirchev

Love this, finally got it working in Linux! yay!
I would like to offer some help, the first change I want to make is a detection to automatically change to the next slide when all lyrics have been displayed and a forward and back buttons to control lyrics.
Also I would also work on Bible view -
Most likely a section for each style.
Anyway drop me a reply if you want to colab on this.
These sound like great features. Version 1.2.1 has buttons to advance slides forward and back. Adding option to auto display next slide would be useful, and so would a Bible view. That's becoming more of a reality since I just found out the footer is accessible to the stage views. If there is any quick change you'd like to suggest please send me a pull request on the GitHub page. As far as Bible view, if it requires a significant amount of work, then maybe we can make a branch and work on it together. Any help is appreciated, since I've become significantly busier since I started my two OBS scripts!

amirchev

I am using the stage Bible-CL right now to show the footer info but I lost the control panel, the dock in OBS to control the slides; the control panel allowed me to hide the text in the transmission when I show a slide in the temple so it would be great if @amirchev can add the footer option to his stage view. I am controlling that with hotkeys to show and hide sources but I liked to have the option in the panel as I sometimes make mistakes with so many different hotkeys I am using. Thanks.
I had a chance to look at how Bible-CL displays the Bible verse, looks like it uses info from the prepared Service items. I think that's a good way of doing it, so will look at adding that functionality next release.

jgcastror

I had a chance to look at how Bible-CL displays the Bible verse, looks like it uses info from the prepared Service items. I think that's a good way of doing it, so will look at adding that functionality next release.
Hi @amirchev, Have you had chance to work on this enhancement? to add title of the song or bible chapter and verse

jgcastror

Not yet, maybe this week. Where should the title/bible verse go?
In my case I like the tittle / bible verse just on top or below the text aligned to the left, tittle aligned to the left and text centered, but I would accept any other proposal, it could maybe look better if you have another suggestion.

amirchev

In my case I like the tittle / bible verse just on top or below the text aligned to the left, tittle aligned to the left and text centered, but I would accept any other proposal, it could maybe look better if you have another suggestion.
Maybe I'll just make it modifiable to left/right/center and above/below. Idk, adding an x or y offset field would probably be overkill?

jgcastror

Maybe I'll just make it modifiable to left/right/center and above/below. Idk, adding an x or y offset field would probably be overkill?
Not at all, I think that would be a great idea, giving the user the ability to align text per own preferences.

jgcastror

Thanks @amirchev, it perfectly works, I had some issues at the beginning when updated the stage view, the song name did not update when I changed from song to bible verses and vice versa however after testing a little bit, playing with the new settings it is working fine now, thanks a lot for this enhancement; it's great to have the option to align text per your preference and great that we can do song name and lyrics independently. I tested the new version in a portable OpenLP and portable OBS in my work's Laptop but I will install the new stage view in my church's laptop this Sunday.

As previously mentioned, this tool works perfectly however I have some other suggestions that won't improve the performance but the appearance, I can live without them, if you consider is worth to implement them I think it would be a superior enhancement:
1. Option to edit background of text: color and shape (rounded corners with a ratio in % or pixels)
2. When I center the text horizontally and the slide has more than one line, 2nd line is not centered but aligned to left, see screenshot below FYR, I prefer all text centered in selected area

Thanks again for your help, God bless your work.

1629319222001.png

amirchev

Thanks @amirchev, it perfectly works, I had some issues at the beginning when updated the stage view, the song name did not update when I changed from song to bible verses and vice versa however after testing a little bit, playing with the new settings it is working fine now, thanks a lot for this enhancement; it's great to have the option to align text per your preference and great that we can do song name and lyrics independently. I tested the new version in a portable OpenLP and portable OBS in my work's Laptop but I will install the new stage view in my church's laptop this Sunday.

As previously mentioned, this tool works perfectly however I have some other suggestions that won't improve the performance but the appearance, I can live without them, if you consider is worth to implement them I think it would be a superior enhancement:
1. Option to edit background of text: color and shape (rounded corners with a ratio in % or pixels)
2. When I center the text horizontally and the slide has more than one line, 2nd line is not centered but aligned to left, see screenshot below FYR, I prefer all text centered in selected area

Thanks again for your help, God bless your work.

View attachment 74351
Sorry, I meant to center the text. That will be 1.4.1 :)

The color of background, I will have to add that in later.

jgcastror

Sorry, I meant to center the text. That will be 1.4.1 :)

The color of background, I will have to add that in later.
I was able to figure it out by myself, thanks.
Not the best solution because you cannot do it from the panel but I did some changes in the .css code of the stage and finally I found what to touch to get what I wanted, I am not familiar with css code, I am not a developer, but by looking at google I could change the background corners, the color of the text and the color of the background, also the text could be centered inside the object (background).
Thanks again for your tool and your work and by sharing it with all of us. I will continue trying some different options until I find the right design for me :).

Attachments

• pic test.png
    pic test.png
    268.5 KB · Views: 46

CBCGrayGA

I have a question about using the OpenLP and OBS.

I am trying to set up this system. My question is when I make the song go live, the verse/theme goes to full screen display on my monitor, then I have to hit the esc button to make it go away and I have to do this with each verse and sometimes there is a delay so i cannot keep up with the music...Is there away to make it not go full display on my monitor each time I go live with a song and change verses?

Thank you.

amirchev

I have a question about using the OpenLP and OBS.

I am trying to set up this system. My question is when I make the song go live, the verse/theme goes to full screen display on my monitor, then I have to hit the esc button to make it go away and I have to do this with each verse and sometimes there is a delay so i cannot keep up with the music...Is there away to make it not go full display on my monitor each time I go live with a song and change verses?

Thank you.
You can make it not show the text on-screen by selecting "Show Desktop" right above the Live preview image. However, this will hide the lyrics on the stream. I will try to add in the option to show the lyrics even when "Show Desktop" is selected, because you are probably not the only one who has come across this problem. Hopefully this will be done in the next week or two.

Prnzpaul

Hi Everyone,
Praise God.
I am using this openlp lyrics interface using browser. But i feel there is a lack in that. the lyrics are not showing suddenly and it takes 2 to 3 secs to display in OBS. What is the issue here. your valuable commands are welcome here. Blessings.

amirchev

Hi Everyone,
Praise God.
I am using this openlp lyrics interface using browser. But i feel there is a lack in that. the lyrics are not showing suddenly and it takes 2 to 3 secs to display in OBS. What is the issue here. your valuable commands are welcome here. Blessings.
Hi Prnzpaul,
I can't say what the problem is there, except it's possible that you have a poor internet connection? You can go to speedtest.net and check your upload and download speed.

Prnzpaul

Hi ,
i have checked my internet speed, both download and upload. it looks pretty good but when i use openlp obs interface it delayed to display the lyrics and it takes 3secounds to display.

GatisOak

Hello guys, I followed all instructions. It is not working for me. When I go to link: http://192.168.8.100:4316/stage/stream/ I get: "Sorry, an error occured." When I go to 192.168.8.100:4316/stage it works. So something is with script??
It was working before but now after reinstalling windows, not working.
I just can't understand what could be the reason!
Okay, I fixed this, something was with OpenLP installation. So I deleted registry keys in windows because OpenLP stores configuration in the Windows registry.