OBS only receives audio from Channel 1 with Scarlett 18i8

R_u_s_s_K

Hello, novice here in need of assistance.

I have been using a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 to stream audio with OBS. I decided I need additional mic inputs so I got a Scarlett 18i8. Here's what's going on:
- When I set the 18i8 as an audio source I only get audio from Channel 1 of the interface.
- If I change back to the 4i4 I get audio from both channels, like before.
- If I go into my sound settings on the computer I can see I am getting audio registering on all 4 channels of the 18i8.

Here's what I'm using:
- OBS 26.1.2
- MacBook Pro 16" with OS 11.1
- Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 3rd Gen

I'm a bit confused as I've gone through the same steps to add the 18i8 as an audio source in OBS as I did the 4i4. Of course I'm missing something, just can't figure out what it is.

Any thoughts on what's happening here?

Russ

R_u_s_s_K

OBS doesn't support multi-channel ASIO input.

Okay, thanks.

You should be getting 2 channels from your 18i8, though. I don't know what that's about, mine works.

Yeah it's a bit weird, especially since it works fine with my 4i4. I have Ableton Lite installed also and I can see that I get input from the 18i8 Channels 1-4 there, so I just don't understand why I'm only getting Channel 1 in OBS.

If I were to want to mix in Ableton and have 2-channel output go from Ableton into OBS, that would require Loopback as well, correct?

nottooloud

Yes. Loopback or BlackHole or iShowU or a hardware digital loopback. Something to connect the one app to the other.

R_u_s_s_K

Success.

I still don't understand why on it's own the 18i8 only gets Channel 1 going to OBS, but that really doesn't matter I suppose since now everything works.

I am mixing audio in Ableton Lite where I can receive all of Channels 1-4 and then outputting to OBS through Blackhole.

Thank you for your help!