OBS on MacOS 14 “Sonoma”

mishakim

Has anyone found a solution to the situation where OBS just doesn't load under Sonoma? Its works fine on my M1 Pro, doesn't open at all on my M2 air. I've updated to 30 on the air, that gets far enough to load the new "safe mode" prompt, but neither choice works, it just hangs at that point. I'm installing 14.1.1 now to see if that kicks something loose.

mishakim

Has anyone found a solution to the situation where OBS just doesn't load under Sonoma? Its works fine on my M1 Pro, doesn't open at all on my M2 air. I've updated to 30 on the air, that gets far enough to load the new "safe mode" prompt, but neither choice works, it just hangs at that point. I'm installing 14.1.1 now to see if that kicks something loose.
To answer my own question, wiping and reinstalling OBS and settings folder seems to have done the trick, so it's working now.

iff

+cc @antonfromnyc
I am having this same issue. The icon also keep showing after I quit OBS.
It seems I've found a workaround for this. After you quit the OBS, you have to open Activity Monitor, search for Control Centre and Force Quit the process, The Control Centre will be relaunched automatically and the purple glyph will be gone until the next OBS launch.