OBS not remembering camera assignments

Hello there,

I have a setup with 3 cameras that I am trying to stream with.

I was initially successful with setup, but after reboot it seems that all the cameras are treated as new devices (enumerated as something different). Reconfiguring is painful as the cameras are physically moved about and I have scenes set for the various camera locations.

Is there a way to ensure that cameras remain assigned as the video capture devices they were originally?

If it is because the cameras are randomly assigned an identifier, can we use something else from the camera info (in my case even camera description would work as the cameras are three different models).

I haven't attached a log as I doubt it would be useful. If it would be of use I can attach it later.

Thanks!

Lee_Bo

certainly are

I'm having a similar "issue" with my Macbook Pro, but it may not be an issue as much as it is "just the way it is". I use two Logitech C930e webcams with OBS. My MBP only has USB-C connections and I know I don't use the same ports all the time and sometimes I have to go into the camera settings of each camera device and choose the source again. I figure it's because I switch USB ports.

Now, with that being said, I do have one C930e on my Mac Mini that stays connected. So far I've had no issues with that one. I start OBS and the camera works 100% of the time. And this Mac Mini gets rebooted a couple times a week and gets shutdown on Friday's and restarted on Monday's.

When USB devices are plugged into an operating system they are given an identifier. This identifier changes each time the USB device is enumerated. I suspect OBS is using this to identify cameras.

Instead of using that dynamic identifier, it should be possible to use some other static value retrieved from querying the camera. I haven't looked deeply enough but something like serial# if it exists would be perfect.