Question / Help OBS Not Recording System Audio (max audio buffering reached!)

fmwyso

Hello all,

I've got a new DAC (Chord Hugo 2) and now my OBS shows lights for my "Desktop Audio" but none of my Desktop Audio is being streamed. My microphone is being correctly recorded. When I plug in any other DAC (Dragonfly, Fiio Q5s, etc...), the Desktop Audio lights show up and audio is recorded correctly.

The following is printed in my log file when I use Chord Hugo 2:
21:26:14.671: Max audio buffering reached!
21:26:14.671: adding 69 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 1044 milliseconds (source: Desktop Audio)

Googling the above came up with threads with similar issues which recommended disabling audio buffering. I haven't been able to find the ability disable audio buffering the current OBS Studio (64-bit).

Any idea what I should do to fix the issue? Is there a way to disable audio buffering?

Thanks!

fmwyso

Got help from WizardCM on Discord on this (thanks!):
Some audio devices do not send proper timestamps, and can cause various issues, such as audio desync. Try disabling the device timestamps in OBS by clicking the Gear icon next to your audio source, select Properties, and then uncheck "Use device timestamps."

My issue was resolved once I unchecked "Use device timestamps" and restarted OBS.