OBS Not Recognizing Nvidia 510 Driver

Gunthrek

Greetings,

First, let me start off by saying I'm pretty new to Linux, and I just switched to it from Windows due to certain issues that make the OS not an option for me anymore. I say this because while I do have some limited programming experience in a Windows environment, I have none when it comes to Linux and I pretty much rely on the OS package managers to make things work. I'm open to learning using the terminal, but I just don't have that kind of experience yet. That said, enough with the disclaimer.

I seem to be unable to use the latest Nvidia driver that shows up on my Linux Mint Driver Manager. The newest version available is 510.73.05-0ubuntu0.20.04.1, but I get an error message when I try to run OBS with that version, so I've been using the older Nvidia specific option available through the manager, which is 470.129.06-0ubuntu0.20.04.1. When I try to use the newer driver, OBS tells me it can't find my video driver and that either my gpu is unsupported, which is obviously not the problem since the earlier driver works, or that I need to ensure I have the latest drivers, which is what I have installed when the error message shows up. I have issues with the nouveau open source driver on several other applications, so I don't use it at all.

Everything else seems to work fine with the latest driver, just not OBS. Has anyone come across this issue and found a solution? I'd really like to get updated to the latest driver, if possible.

Thanks!

Deullcore

If you installed obs from flatpak , you will need to update flatpak in terminal ( flatpak update ) minus the brackets