Question / Help OBS not picking up audio

JamesBurd

So when I hook up the q2n for streaming the computer doesn't pick up the audio.....the camera shows the audio is working on it's small screen but the OBS program shows no audio signal

Lochsa4

I'm having this same issue when using the Canon EOS M50. Sound level is indicated on in-camera meters, but nothing other than video being shown in OBS Studio. Cam is connected to laptop with both HDMI to CamLInk 4K and USB. Thanks for your help.

Sukiyucky

On my Sony RX100 IV with Cam Link 4K this is what I do:
  1. Camera tab: Turn Audio Recording On
  2. Settings tab: HDMI | HDMI Audio Out On
In OBS Studio for the Cam Link 4K source properties:
  1. Audio Output Mode: Capture audio only (the DirectSound and WaveOut won't work)
  2. Tick the Use custom audio device checkbox
  3. Audio Device: Digital Audio Interface (Cam Link 4K)
In the OBS Studio Mixer:
  1. Advanced Audio Properties: CamLink 4K Monitor and Output; Tracks 1 enabled
  2. Cam Link 4K Volume Icon Enabled
I don't use the RX100 IV mic though as I use a regular XLR mic. But thats how I get the camera mic to work.

BetThat

On my Sony RX100 IV with Cam Link 4K this is what I do:
  1. Camera tab: Turn Audio Recording On
  2. Settings tab: HDMI | HDMI Audio Out On
In OBS Studio for the Cam Link 4K source properties:
  1. Audio Output Mode: Capture audio only (the DirectSound and WaveOut won't work)
  2. Tick the Use custom audio device checkbox
  3. Audio Device: Digital Audio Interface (Cam Link 4K)
In the OBS Studio Mixer:
  1. Advanced Audio Properties: CamLink 4K Monitor and Output; Tracks 1 enabled
  2. Cam Link 4K Volume Icon Enabled
I don't use the RX100 IV mic though as I use a regular XLR mic. But thats how I get the camera mic to work.
This worked for me to hear my iPhone XS Max on OBS. Since i stream mobile games i couldn't figure out how to hear the game i'm streaming. My audience could hear the game which is exactly what i wanted. But for some reason i couldn't hear the game i was playing lol I am using an Lightning Digital AV Adapter has HDMI Output to mirror my screen and that is connected to my CamLink4k. This worked great thank you!