Bug Report Obs not opening. (0xc000007b)

waleedtrion

So i'm getting this error on OBS and i just installed it last night and it hasn't been working. it just shows me this error window.
Screenshot :
101f4a312dbc48b3aba72afebd7d8385.png

I have tried reinstalling, reinstalling DX Web installer, restarting and vcredit_x64 reinstall and none of these helped out. at first i was getting the dll issues but they were solved after i did dx web installation and vcredit installation but now this error pops up (0xc000007b) if i could get some help i'll be grateful :)

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
I'm guessing it's one of the Visual Studio DLLs that's bad. Try moving away any msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll from windows/system32 and windows/syswow64 and then re-running both vcredist_x86 and vc_redistx64.

waleedtrion

I'm guessing it's one of the Visual Studio DLLs that's bad. Try moving away any msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll from windows/system32 and windows/syswow64 and then re-running both vcredist_x86 and vc_redistx64.
Thank you for your help!
i have tried this just now, i moved away all the DLLs like msvcr120.dll and msvcp ones.
reinstalled both vcredist by re-downloading them from the microsoft site and it still shows the issue

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Only thing I can think of is one of the dependent libraries ending up in your system folders. Check both syswow64 and system32 for these:

zlib.dll
libcurl.dll
avcodec-57.dll
avutil-55.dll
avformat-57.dll
qt5widgets.dll
qt5gui.dll
qt5core.dll

If any of them are there, move them away.

waleedtrion

Only thing I can think of is one of the dependent libraries ending up in your system folders. Check both syswow64 and system32 for these:

zlib.dll
libcurl.dll
avcodec-57.dll
avutil-55.dll
avformat-57.dll
qt5widgets.dll
qt5gui.dll
qt5core.dll

If any of them are there, move them away.
None of these are present in both System32 and Syswow64
I did a search through all sub folders and still didn't find them.
Is there nothing i can do to fix this ??

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Very strange. If you can stop by the community chat and ask for me, I'd be happy to take a look over Teamviewer or similar.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
This was solved by removing all DLL files from c:\windows\system (the legacy 16 bit directory - not system32!) and re-installing the redistributables.

bobanecz

I'm having the same problem, and I tried all steps and nothing worked. The last one I could not do, because i didn't find any DDL files in C://Windows/system Plz help

YugiPeep

This was solved by removing all DLL files from c:\windows\system (the legacy 16 bit directory - not system32!) and re-installing the redistributables.
I checked and I also had no DLL files. I just had a folder called "Speech" which also had no DLL files. I recently did a reset on my windows 10 pc but when I tried opening (my backed up) obs, it gave me an error of missing a DLL file called "MSVCP140_1.dll". I installed this file off the internet and put it into the \obs-studio\bin\64bit where all of the other dll files were. This lead on to give me the error of "0xc000007b". I have tried reinstalling obs studio multiple times in different locations around my pc and cant find any other solutions. I would appreciate help. Thank You.
unknow1n.png
unknown.png

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Do not download random DLL files from the internet. Remove that DLL and then re-install OBS. Also make sure you've installed all Windows Update updates.

YugiPeep

Do not download random DLL files from the internet. Remove that DLL and then re-install OBS. Also make sure you've installed all Windows Update updates.
I cant update windows. My pc will refuse to update. My PC has these weird errors that make the updates fail. I have tried everything including a windows reset. (I will probably do a clean install soon to see if that helps at all.) My old obs files don't work, nor do any new files of obs. Whenever I reinstall OBS, I would get the missing MSVCP140_1.dll error. Do you think that installing an older version of OBS studio would fix my problem. Thank You.

YugiPeep

I cant update windows. My pc will refuse to update. My PC has these weird errors that make the updates fail. I have tried everything including a windows reset. (I will probably do a clean install soon to see if that helps at all.) My old obs files don't work, nor do any new files of obs. Whenever I reinstall OBS, I would get the missing MSVCP140_1.dll error. Do you think that installing an older version of OBS studio would fix my problem. Thank You.
IDK what happened but my OBS works again. Thank you for the help and pretty fast responses. BTW OBS studio is a very well made program that I use almost daily for recording and streaming.