Question / Help OBS not loading after a year of flawless use

Been using OBS for a year with basically no issues. Updated yesterday to Studio from Classic. Worked last night and today it is not working at all. Will not load. Tried to delete it and reload a dozen times. Same issues every time.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
I'm a bit confused, are you using a Mac? This is the Mac support section, and there's no OBS Classic for mac.

I'm a bit confused, are you using a Mac? This is the Mac support section, and there's no OBS Classic for mac.

It's a mac. I loaded last year assumed it was classic. Regardless I updated it yesterday and now it just won't load. I do a nightly show using OBS and that has come to a quick halt now. Need help fast...

Fenrir

Forum Admin
It's a mac. I loaded last year assumed it was classic. Regardless I updated it yesterday and now it just won't load. I do a nightly show using OBS and that has come to a quick halt now. Need help fast...

Can you try grabbing a log? They should be stored in ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/logs

Penzare

That issue means the working directory is not being properly set. How are you trying to launch it?

I opened the package I downloaded and put the app on the launchpad, I launch it from there or the application folder. I did it for a week or so until it broke and no longer works, even after reinstalling it.

Wes B.

@Fenrir I had the same problem today with the same "en-us.ini" "failed to find".

I was using OBS with no problems. I closed it and worked on some other things for a while, when I tried to open it no more than an hour later it would not open without crashing immediately

I have tried deleting and re-instaling OBS, restarting my computer. And I didn't change anything on my computer that should have affected it. Unless something updated in the background. I don't use any plug-ins.

I read something about changing the scenes.json folder in order to fix the problem, but I am not very familiar with altering code.

I could post error log. I am running OS X 10.12.3 MBpro