OBS not Displaying video from Black Magic Decklink Mini Recorder

chlersrestrw

Hi guys, OBS still having the issue of not showing video in 26.1.0 with latest BlackMagic 1.7 video software update. I did roll back to 26.0.2 but of course that can't be the "final answer". PLEASE send information HOW TO UPGRADE to 26.1.0 without BM Video issues. BTW - we missed nearly 1/3 of our Sunday Morning preaching due to this error while doing Deglans live stream. I scrambled and created an alt way to get the service out, but missing the Praise and Worship really changes the feel of the message. Many of our members stay home due to CoVID -- thanks in advanced for the fix.
Rev.Steve
Do you solve your problem? I also need that solution.

Bobrze

Harold, this really is NOT a solution. I have just upgraded my PC with a fresh Decklink Duo2 card, and installed it with latest 12.4 Desktop Video bundle from Blackmagic. It simply does not work with OBS, and is a OBS bug, that should be fixed.

After few hours trying to figure this out, I have come to the following conclusion on my setup:

1) If you set the decklink card to group SDI1 & SDI2, then video capture ONLY works with SDI1 input. No other input is possible.

2) If you set the decklink card, to map Decklink device 1 to 4 to SDI1, SDI3, SDI2 and SDI4 respectively, I can easily confirm using the Blackmagic Media Express software, that all inputs are indeed working. But in OBS, none will work. I have only accidentally discovered a workaround:
In the Properties dialog for the Video Capture Device, under the device selection, there is a Configure Video button. Press that, some generic Windows dialog pops up, where you can select "Override Video Mode", set it to (in my case) 1080p60 and voila, after pressing Deactivate/Activate at the video source, an image appears!
This way, I can make any input work and appear in OBS.

So, it seems, that a video format detection does not work right for the decklink inputs. I would be interested to see, what would happen if Steve Dubrava could try this workaround.

Bruno Marinho

Boa tarde! Estava com este problema. Até ontem, 23/mar, ainda usava a versão 26 do OBS pois as versões posteriores reconheciam o driver do mini gravador decklink mas a tela só ficava preta. Num dos testes, atualizei o OBS para a versão 29.0.2 e também atualizei o blackmagic desktop video para a versão 12.4.2 e finalmente funcionou. Em primeiro momento não funcionou, instalei o OBS novamente e continuou sem funcionar, então executei novamente o instalador do driver da blackmagic já tendo o driver instalado e selecionei a opção reparar, dessa forma funcionou pra mim.

WayneWM

Have never found a solution. Must continue to use version 26.0.2. Has anyone found a solution to OBS upgrades not working beyond this version with Windows 11 PRO PC? It did the same thing with Windows 10.