Question / Help Obs not capturing Autodesk Sketchbook on pc help please...

pipsqueak

Hi I am having an issue with obs (23.2.1 64-bit).

I am using Autodesk Sketchbook 8 (free version) to stream.

On my windows 10 laptop, I can capture this program with obs no problem.

However on my windows 7 computer, when I stream this exact program, running on the exact version of obs (with the same settings), the inking does not appear on screen. That is, I can see the cursor move, but no actual brush marks show up in obs (as if it's being done on some invisible layer that can't be captured).

If I disable aero, I can see the pen results on screen with obs - however, it will seem to capture any window if I minimize Autodesk Sketchbook (ie. web browser, windows explorer, etc... even though they aren't listed as sources.)

Does anyone have any suggestions to get Autodesk Sketchbook to work on my windows 7 pc, without having to disable aero?

Harold

Does anyone have any suggestions to get Autodesk Sketchbook to work on my windows 7 pc, without having to disable aero?
Honestly, the only way to do so is to upgrade the windows 7 pc to at least windows 8, if not all the way to 10.

It's a limitation of windows 7.

pipsqueak

Honestly, the only way to do so is to upgrade the windows 7 pc to at least windows 8, if not all the way to 10.

It's a limitation of windows 7.

Thanks for the reply. I was previously using an older version of sketchbook, and when I capture it with obs (in windows 7), it works perfectly. Problem is I can't use the older version because it's missing a bunch of tools. Do you have any idea why this would happen with an updated version of the same program where it can capture the cursor but not the brush strokes? Is this something obs would be able to correct in a future revision?

Narcogen

I sincerely doubt changes are going to be made to a future OBS version in order to work around a limitation revealed by an updated version of an application when run under Windows 7. The workaround would be to run the current version of all three.