Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

rockbottom

A bit off topic but in case anybody here is recording with NDI, you probably already know your options for editing your recordings are somewhat limited. I attached the latest Recording Format Compatibility list from NewTek. According to the list Vegas Pro 17 is a no go but is it?

Actually no, I'm able to edit my NDI recordings with VP14, VP17 & VP18. I assume VP15 & 16 will work too, I just don't have them to test.

For VP14, just install the NewTek SpeedHQ CODEC on your system & you should be good to go.

For VP17 & VP18, install the CODEC & then in Vegas:

Options > Preferences > Depreciated Features > Enable the QuickTime Plug-in (Enable Legacy QuickTime in VP18)

That's all there is to it.....

VP17-NDI Recording.JPG

Attachments

• NewTek NDI Recording Formats Rev. 4 07-06-20.pdf
    186.5 KB · Views: 60

oldmacilli

Hi folks,
I try to run OBS 26 with NDI plugin 4.9.1 latest version on Ubuntu Studio 21.04.
Plugin is visible but NDI stream never shows up in preview or OBS Main Window.
It finds the NDI sources in the net. But then... nothing..even after waiting long...
Cabled and WIFI connection .... no difference.
I tried OBS 27 rc5 and deleting/reinstalling libndi. No difference.
The log-file looks good.
How can I further debug this ???

allenmock

Hi everyone,

I have got a problem with the intergration oft the obs-ndi plugin which might have been discussed already, I am not shure:

I did a streaming event 3 months ago with an USB-Camera I extendend with an UTN (USB to Network) –Server and a dedicated audio mixer connected to my computer via USB (operated with the ASIO-plugin for OBS)

I adjusted the audio latency in my audio mixer to match the latency of the camera, everything worked fine.

I added a second camera to my setup for a streaming event I had to do 3 day ago.
This camera is a PTZ-camera operated via NDI.
I used the OBS-NDI plugin (Windows 4.9.0) and added 80ms delay within OBS for that source to match my timing.
During my transmission I got aware of the fact the the NDI-camera run out of audio/video synchronisation.
After the transmission I did some tests with the following result:

When starting OBS everthing is in sync.
During operation the NDI-Source (camera) has a shift of about 40ms every 10min. of operation.
So after 3 hours of operation my NDI-camera is about 720ms late which of course is not usable.

Evertime I change the sync for the NDI-camera from source timing to network or from network to source timing the camera is back in sync again.

Obvioulsy that shifting latency is an issue of the OBS-NDI plugin.
Does anyone out there made the same experiences as I did and is there a solution/workaround?
Of course it is not a solution to resync the camera every 5 minutes, especially when the camera is on air.
The best solution of course would be a solution within the plugin.

Any ideas or advices?
I am seeing similar results when I ingest NDI sources (coming from Microsoft Teams) into OBS even from a local machine. I am recording though and not streaming out. Using NDI Studio Monitor I can see that the delay is NOT from the source, but somewhere in OBS or NDI and the plugin. I have also forced everything to get back in sync if I stop the NDI source and restart it.

It doesn't appear to be a hardware bottleneck as all resources look good.
Ryzen 9 5950X
96GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX 3090 and using NVENC (new) setting in OBS
FireCuda ZP1000GM30002

@Palakis have you seen this before and can offer any advice?

ricardoteixxeira

Hello all, I'm facing an issue with NDI. While I'm broadcasting from either MS Teams or Skype the speaker video is floating and changing its size all time. As you can see on the video below

enoc_vt

Hello all, I'm facing an issue with NDI. While I'm broadcasting from either MS Teams or Skype the speaker video is floating and changing its size all time. As you can see on the video below

Seems to be an issue with network quality, similar to infamous Zoom small video with deficient internet connections. I'm not sure if that's exactly the case, but a workaround could be using OBS "Scale to bounds" parameter in Transform settings. If the camera video changes from, say, 1920p, to 720p, the video will zoom and fit the bounds area and stay the same relative size in the scene.

Ron0x

I can't wait until NDI 5 will be implemented in OBS. I use this plugin a lot between my gaming PC and OBS on my streaming PC, and it works flawless. With NDI 5 it will even be better with all the new features <3

mvina

One question: Is it possible to run the plugin on Raspberry Pi 4?
My intention is to use the raspberry to receive the signal from a mobile phone with the NewTeck NDI application and output the signal via HDMI to mix it with other cameras on a Blackmagic Atem Television.

Uzuki

Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but the NDI plugin makes minimize to system tray not work. And when you click on the tray icon, rather than minimize the OBS window, it disables preview. I just found out about NDI, tried it, then uninstalled it and everything went back to normal.

Bacchin

I installed OBS and NDI on two computers. I'm going to call PC GAMER A and it's going to stream B. I use a gigabit router and the internet speed is 300 Mbps. Computer A is connected via wifi at 5 Ghz (but I can put cable if necessary) and computer B is directly connected to the cable (his wifi only accepts 2.4 Ghz). I leave the Main option marked on computer A and give it the name, but the OBS screen is black, showing nothing (not even the computer screen). I do the procedure in B (create the scene) but it doesn't find computer A. Is it a problem with the network? OBS is updated in the latest version.

rockbottom

^^
Ditch the Wi-Fi & cable up. NDI out from OBS @ 1080p 60FPS is roughly 130Mb/s.

Do both PC's have a gig NIC's & are they both operating properly?

Did you install NDI Tools or just the runtime?

Bacchin

^^
Ditch the Wi-Fi & cable up. NDI out from OBS @ 1080p 60FPS is roughly 130Mb/s.

Do both PC's have a gig NIC's & are they both operating properly?

Did you install NDI Tools or just the runtime?
I think only the PC gamer is gigabit (this one I'm sure), and what will be streaming I have to confirm. I only installed the plugin, not the tools. If the PC streamer's NCI is not gigabit is the problem? Would it be possible to run with both connected via cable in the router?

rockbottom

Yeah, if PC B doesn't have a gig NIC, that's a problem for 1080p 60FPS. You'll need to lower the frame rate and/or resolution. NDI @ 1080p 30FPS is roughly 72Mb/s, that might work with that NIC but will need testing.

rockbottom

NDI output activated?

You need to be able to troubleshoot so uninstall the runtime.

Install on both PC's: https://ndi.tv/tools/

Attachments

• NewTek NDI Problem Solving Rev. 2 02-14-18.pdf
    553.9 KB · Views: 39
  • adding-ndi-to-your-network Rev. 1.pdf
    198.8 KB · Views: 33
  • NDI_Network_Guidelines_se_21_May_2018.pdf
    295.3 KB · Views: 33

Bacchin

NDI output activated?

You need to be able to troubleshoot so uninstall the runtime.

Install on both PC's: https://ndi.tv/tools/
I put both wires in the router. The stream PC does not find the PC gamer (picture 1), but the PC gamer finds and transmits the images from the PC stream (picture 2). Transmission is set at 720p 30fps.

Attachments

• 16260261083112854516829918007722.jpg
    16260261083112854516829918007722.jpg
    574.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    525 KB · Views: 28
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    715.6 KB · Views: 25

Bacchin

The problem was the OBS. I downloaded Streamlabs and it recognized it right away. I didn't do anything but download. When I opened it on both machines they recognized each other and streamed at 1080p 60fps lossless.