Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

jakehunter1128

hi, thanks for the plugin. I have a capture card and its painful and impossible for me to get it duplicate to 60hz. when I test out the plugin yesterday, it was good and no frames drop on obs. however, my stream looks kinda choppy, I have a 500mb down and 20 up. I am just wondering whether my upload speed is enough for this plugin. I am in canada and currently with rogers. The max upload speed that i can get is 30 mb up with rogers. Morever, I have both pcs plugged into ethernet cable. Is there any other work around without buying another 144hz monitor?
Thanks in advance. Everything appears to be simple and easy, but more and more problems keep showing up. Feelsbad

Andrew Pealock

hi, thanks for the plugin. I have a capture card and its painful and impossible for me to get it duplicate to 60hz. when I test out the plugin yesterday, it was good and no frames drop on obs. however, my stream looks kinda choppy, I have a 500mb down and 20 up. I am just wondering whether my upload speed is enough for this plugin. I am in canada and currently with rogers. The max upload speed that i can get is 30 mb up with rogers. Morever, I have both pcs plugged into ethernet cable. Is there any other work around without buying another 144hz monitor?
Thanks in advance. Everything appears to be simple and easy, but more and more problems keep showing up. Feelsbad

Do you have a link to your stream? Perhaps if I could watch it, I might be able to diagnose the problem a bit more accurately. Glad you like the plugin! Palakis has been working really hard to keep it updated!

jakehunter1128

Do you have a link to your stream? Perhaps if I could watch it, I might be able to diagnose the problem a bit more accurately. Glad you like the plugin! Palakis has been working really hard to keep it updated!
thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I cant do any tests. I am on my way to mexico attending a wedding. I should be back in 7 days. Is there an upload speed requirement for it to work? Is 20mb upload enough (I stream at 720p 30fps gaming at 1080p 144hz)

Will Sperling

Hello! I love using this plugin. I had a thought the other day about using a 2nd nic dedicated for the NDI traffic. Has anyone set up their NDI traffic in this way? Thanks!

Lord_Ralex

Hello! I love using this plugin. I had a thought the other day about using a 2nd nic dedicated for the NDI traffic. Has anyone set up their NDI traffic in this way? Thanks!

I did this before, however I did it using different networks as a whole to get it forced through a certain NIC.

However, unless you're pushing 4k 60fps, you're not really going to max out the 1Gbps line (I have actually done 2 machines as a target from a single NDI source doing 1080p@60 without any noticeable impact on online gaming) (also done 4k@60fps, it was getting high usage, but wasn't being throttled by the NIC)

I've stuck with using just the single NIC on the source machine, however I push to a target machine which has LACP set up to with 4x 1Gbps nics.

Last edited:

futurion

The latest 4.3.0 obs-ndi plugin uses NDI 3.0 which has also multicast support. I tried to play a bit with it but I was unable to setup multicast NDI output from OBS. I tried with multiple clients on a single machine, as well as with many different PC's in local network. So my question is, does latest obs-ndi support multicast NDI output from OBS and how is it possible to set it up if it's supported?
Just a thought maybe, I tried VLC's NDI output and it seems it's onl unicast as well. Then I tried latest vmix 20 and that one actually has NDI multicast output enabled.

futurion

I'll add to my previous post. It seems obs-ndi supports multicast just fine, but it has to be setup inside NDI-Tools 3.0. So, the users should install first NDI-Tools, enable there multicast output with specific IP address, then start OBS with ltest obs-ndi plugin, etc. These steps are not obvious, maybe it should be nice to write some tutorials for others. :)

Secondly, the issue still remains with all mikrotik routers. I Tried many different routers and switches, but the issue remains with Mikrotik RouterOS. I'm not sure what's the issue really, but the stream with ffmpeg-ndi simply won't start. There's visible network traffic in resources monitor, but the ffmpeg just stays initializing, without starting the real transfer. Is there some specific protocol or firewall rule that has to be enabled on mikrotik routers specially for that? I read about NDI using bonjour/mdns protocols which maybe are not supported in routeros at all. Can this be an issue? Are there maybe some additional ports that has to be open?

Thanks again...

luizfaf

Hello, thank you for the plugin.
I just got my 1gbit switch and everything is fine except my gaming PC CPU usage. With OBS open and idle, it takes ~4% of usage, while streaming it goes up to ~9%. But with NDI enabled, it goes up to ~15% of CPU usage, that just kills the point of using this plugin. I see people talking about saving ~5% of CPU with NDI, so it's something with my PC. How could I check what is the cause of that?

Attachments

• ndiobs.png
    ndiobs.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 193

Anthony Kresse

NOT TRUE 60 FPS POTENTIAL FIX

Hey everyone! Noticed a lot of comments about how the stream doesnt look like true 60 fps when streaming from PC1 to PC2 via NDI.

My fix that I feel like makes OBS and NDI run smoother is on my gaming PC under video settings, I select my output video resolution to 1440x810 instead of keeping it 1920x1080.

Stream PC then receives the 1440x810 video and I scale it to fix screen and set the stream PC video outout to 1280x720.

ferkelz

Hey guys. Tried installing this on the latest version of OBS (21.1.2) and the NDI stream option is not showing up in my 'Tools' menu. I've restarted the pc after install and can't think of a further way to troubleshoot this. Please help?

slavoniCSniper

Hello, I just tried NDI for the first time yesterday. First I tried it with my older laptop that is connected to my home network over the WIFI. Everything was working, my laptop could see my main PC as NDI source and add it. Then I tried the same thing with my newer laptop that is connected to my home network via etherner cable. I did everything the same as with the older laptop but my newer laptop cannot see my my PC desktop as source name in NDI when I want to add it BUT my main PC dekstop can see this laptop so I get like only one way communication. I tried to disable firewall, no success. I installed the same OBS version, same obs-ndi plugin I restarted both computers. I tried to reset my network settings. Any ideas what could be wrong if I can see my laptop from my main PC where I am gaming but I can't see my main PC from laptop where I'd like to stream? I don't think there is anything wrong with my main PC as I could see it as a NDI source from my older laptop that was connected over WIFI. Thanks for help guys

Aquanimus

the command "!ndi" leads to a wrong link, might wanna change that on the Discord. It leads to the download section of version 4.3 instead of 4.4.

Cheers,
Niklas

Andrew Pealock

Scan Converter 3.5 just dropped this weekend! I can still use the current version (4.4) to take sources from the network that are running Scan Converter version 3.5 and it seems to work fine. I would love to see you update the output module to the new runtime! Thanks for all of your hard work buddy!

alexan92

Hello.
I´ve problem getting this to work, I´ve reinstalled windows (new installation of OBS 21.1.2 & NDI plugin & NDI 3.0 Runtime) on my both PC´s (gaming & streaming)
I can verify that OBS find plugin from tools - NDI output settings on both PC
I can verify that on my gaming PC when I´m adding game monitor & select the game I can see it from my preview on my gaming PC in OBS
I can verify that on my streaming PC when I´m adding source "NDI source" I have the correct "sourcename" of the gaming PC however I do NOT see the preview from OBS nor does audio/video transfer to streaming PC OBS, from gaming PC just a black screen, tried to ctrl F to max out the scene window but no success

Have I missed anything?

K0NVICT

I suddenly started getting a slight audio desync. Just started ab a month ago... both video game/cam video are out of sync w the mic audio/game audio.

I DO have 1GB FiOS internet, both PCs hardwired via cat6 cable into modem. Both OBS/NDI up to date on both PCs

Here is my exact set up I have been using for about a year with no issue. However suddenly audio became out of sync.

Gaming PC: i7-7700k, 16GB RAM, 1080ti. Using VM Banana as mixer. Shure XLR Mic plugged into DBX 286, I to another mixer that I will eventually plug all audio into/from. As of now though, all audio is sent to VMBanana

Gaming PC OBS: 9 SCENES, all Timestamps unchecked/not selected in audio, in advanced audio, only track 1 selected. x264 - Audio is at 44.1hz. Also havent used Webcam since it started lagging/desyncing

Streaming PC: i7-7700k, 8GB RAM, GTX 960.

Stream PC OBS: 1 scene - Ndi input. Timestamps unchecked/not selected, in advanced audio, only track 1 selected. x264 streaming in 720p at 5000 CBR. Audio is at 44.1 Kb

Now I do have all my audio coming from gaming PC, BUT I have been doing it for well over a year and never had an issue w desync. However within the past month it started happening.

Idk how to share log files? Or I'd do that haha.

Also, I did just recently get 144hz monitors, could that me the cause?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

AlRayes_BRN

Hey guys

Im using NDI to push my content from a gaming PC to a Streaming PC but I noticed that the frames are not 60fps (even though both OBS softwares on both PCs are stating that the video is 60fps) ..

Any solutions for this? I do have 1Gig connections and router .. the resolution of my feed is 3440x1440 @ 60 and is downscaled to 1720x720p @ 60 on my streaming PC for Twitch

Using game capture

Gaming PC:
4790k + Titan X Pascal + 32gigs of RAM + asus ultrawide monitor with gsync (100hz)

Streaming PC:
1700X + 1050 Ti + 8gigs of RAM

Thanks!

Last edited:

GoobleGaming

Hey. Anyone here have experience with using NDI on obs? I have issues with it. I can find my NDI sources on both PC's but nothing shows up on either of them. I use cable ethernet cable on both my pcs and have the obs and NDI versions up to date but still cant see anything on the obs on either.