Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

rockbottom

Ditch the wi-fi, NDI requires ethernet.
8:09:54.793: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://lax.contribute.live-video.net/app...
18:09:54.820: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Interface: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz (802.11, 865↓/681↑ mbps)

You're also running teleport....
19:39:19.127: Output 'Teleport': stopping
19:39:19.127: Output 'Teleport': Total frames output: 496310
19:39:19.127: Output 'Teleport': Total drawn frames: 496117 (496312 attempted)
19:39:19.127: Output 'Teleport': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 195 (0.0%)
19:39:19.134: preview_output_stop: stopping NDI preview output
19:39:19.134: +ndi_output_stop(...)
19:39:19.134: Output 'NDI Preview Output': stopping
19:39:19.134: Output 'NDI Preview Output': Total frames output: 7367
19:39:19.134: Output 'NDI Preview Output': Total drawn frames: 7367
19:39:19.134: +ndiLib->send_destroy(o->ndi_sender)
19:39:19.140: -ndiLib->send_destroy(o->ndi_sender)
19:39:19.141: -ndi_output_stop(...)
19:39:19.152: preview_output_stop: stopped NDI preview output
19:39:19.152: main_output_stop: stopping NDI main output
19:39:19.152: +ndi_output_stop(...)
19:39:19.152: Output 'NDI Main Output': stopping
19:39:19.152: Output 'NDI Main Output': Total frames output: 7368
19:39:19.152: Output 'NDI Main Output': Total drawn frames: 7368
19:39:19.152: +ndiLib->send_destroy(o->ndi_sender)
19:39:19.153: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 19/496312 (0.0%)
19:39:19.161: -ndiLib->send_destroy(o->ndi_sender)
19:39:19.161: -ndi_output_stop(...)
19:39:19.161: main_output_stop: stopped NDI main output

Last edited:

Jaybonaut

Has anyone noticed new issues with the NDI plugin? On Sunday it worked, on Tuesday it didn't. Running the system through a network Switch, checked cables, checked network settings, checked firewall (turning it off didn't fix the issue), PC A won't send reliably to PC B or PC C.

OBS: 29.1.3
NDI: 4.11.1
NDI Runtime 5.3.3
PC C log: https://obsproject.com/logs/QdaCJO5tK5OcWOLf
PC A log: https://obsproject.com/logs/3ftnprIvBuWVKUkL (obviously no output section because it is just creating NDI sources for PC C)

I got it to work for a little bit and did a live stream but first my audio failed and then the video failed. Weirdly I can get PC C to send in NDI Studio Monitor to PC A, but I need the reverse of this! I can even get PC C to send to PC A in OBS! But again, I want the opposite of this. PC A is the computer with the better graphics card so I want the games to run on it, not the other way around! Also I don't have enough USB hubs on PC A for all the extra stuff for the streaming (camera, mic, etc). I'm very frustrated and I have no idea what the issue is.
You are one Runtime version behind, in case you wanted to update that.

Jaybonaut

Strange... I have the same configuration but not working. OBS opens but stays in the background. It might be conflicting with another plugin (maybe vertical plugin, Idk). Would you mind taking a screenshot of your plugins? That'd help!
Which machine?

Do you mean every file and folder in the obs-studio/obs-plugins/64bit folder?

andycute70

Works perfectly fine for me, I use the official link which is 5.5.4:

NDI (Windows)

and I use 4.11.1:

Windows OBS NDI

and I am on 29.1.3 for OBS.
I am confused. You say you're using the official 5.4.4 link, right? What do you call "official"? NDI official or the plugin official link for the correct Runtime? Obs-ndi plugin uses the Runtime 5.3.3, so I am confused now. Are you saying you're using the Runtime 5.5.4 instead of Runtime 5.5.3? Can you please confirm that?

My understanding is your you're using these (and working fine):
Runtime 5.5.4
NDI Tools 5.5.4
obs-ndi-4.11.1-windows-x64

Jaybonaut

I am confused. You say you're using the official 5.4.4 link, right? What do you call "official"? NDI official or the plugin official link for the correct Runtime? Obs-ndi plugin uses the Runtime 5.3.3, so I am confused now. Are you saying you're using the Runtime 5.5.4 instead of Runtime 5.5.3? Can you please confirm that?

My understanding is your you're using these (and working fine):
Runtime 5.5.4
NDI Tools 5.5.4
obs-ndi-4.11.1-windows-x64
Currently the runtime is 5.5.4. The official post is here:

On that page is an official link to the runtime:

Yes I can confirm I am using it. I do not use the Tools and that's why I never mentioned it in my posts.

andycute70

Currently the runtime is 5.5.4. The official post is here:

On that page is an official link to the runtime:

Yes I can confirm I am using it. I do not use the Tools and that's why I never mentioned it in my posts.
Thanks! I found a solution. I had to remove all NDI filters from all my scenes and sources that I previously had. I installed NDI Tools 5.6.0.0 and obs-ndi 4.11.1. I didn't install Runtime 5.3.3, and instead copied the files from C:\Program Files\NDI\NDI 5 Tools\Runtime\ and pasted them into C:\Program Files\NDI\NDI 5 Runtime\v5\ (I had to manually create folder since it seems that that's the location where obs-ndi filter assumes the Runtime is). Now I am using NDI Tools 5.6.0.0 and obs-ndi 4.11.1 and it runs smoothly.

Jaybonaut

Thanks! I found a solution. I had to remove all NDI filters from all my scenes and sources that I previously had. I installed NDI Tools 5.6.0.0 and obs-ndi 4.11.1. I didn't install Runtime 5.3.3, and instead copied the files from C:\Program Files\NDI\NDI 5 Tools\Runtime\ and pasted them into C:\Program Files\NDI\NDI 5 Runtime\v5\ (I had to manually create folder since it seems that that's the location where obs-ndi filter assumes the Runtime is). Now I am using NDI Tools 5.6.0.0 and obs-ndi 4.11.1 and it runs smoothly.
Why do you install Tools?

Sou

Hi all,
I have some issues with NDI on my setup. 2 PC, gaming pc is streaming via NDI tools, streaming PC is picking up the signal in OBS. The main issue is stuttering, I managed it with lowering bandwitch and forgot about the issue but Baldurs Gate 3 launched and it is a mess, I thing its more connected with game engine and encoding via GPU but I would also like to be able check NDI performance somehow.

Long story short, is there a way to analize/log NDI performance? Like dropped frames, issues with bandwitch, desync etc?

Jaybonaut

Hi all,
I have some issues with NDI on my setup. 2 PC, gaming pc is streaming via NDI tools, streaming PC is picking up the signal in OBS. The main issue is stuttering, I managed it with lowering bandwitch and forgot about the issue but Baldurs Gate 3 launched and it is a mess, I thing its more connected with game engine and encoding via GPU but I would also like to be able check NDI performance somehow.

Long story short, is there a way to analize/log NDI performance? Like dropped frames, issues with bandwitch, desync etc?
Do you have different refresh rates on multiple monitors?

Do you limit yourself to a multiple of 60 fps for the stream's sake?

One thing I was wondering for internal machines I run:

Does the "bind to interface" option in OBS Studio's Settings/Advanced have any effect on how the OBS NDI plugin works? If so, it would be useful, for example, to make sure that inbound requests can only be serviced by a specific interface/IP address.

--Katt. =^.^=

vanawesome

I have a mac mini m2, running OBS 29.1.3,
The NDI plugin is not showing as a video source or as a filter. Works great on my m1 mac book pro,
The mac mini is running MacOS Sonoma 14.1
The Mac Book Pro is running MacOS Ventura 13,5

Possibly a Sonoma bug?

vanawesome

Not a Sonoma bug, i re-installed ventura and attemtped to add the NDI plugin and it's still nto showing up in as a media source option or as a filter. is it an M2 bug?

They are prepping 4.12 on Github

It appears to be out now. However, I have a question.

I just picked up the newest OBS NDI plugin (4.12.0) for Windows, but it's only an installer. Curious, why wasn't a ZIP file uploaded? That's what those who use portable installs (like I do) need to make it work. 7-zip doesn't see an archive. Is there a command line option I can use to just extract the directory tree so I can install them manually?

Thanks.

hi, i have problem with ndi plugin does not show up in obs studio in kali linux ?
i have install runtime and also ndi plugin following github ndi guide. https://github.com/obs-ndi/obs-ndi/releases/tag/4.11.0
what to do now ? any help please

Have you tried an ldd(1) command against the plugin or the NDI runtime .so files to see if there are any missing dependencies?

--Katt. =^.^=

bnshiy

Hi there,

Can anyone help me with this plugin?

After every reboot of my streaming PC the audio over NDI from the gaming PC doesn't work anymore.
I am using the NDI output VST in Elgato Wave Link. After every restart of the streaming-pc the audio is muted.
Obs still shows the audio levels and that there is audio, but it is muted. So I see the lines moving in the mixer, but there is no audio.
Each time I have to add a second ndi source, audio only, copy filters from old audio to new, delete old, set new to correct ndi source. For every single track (system, mic, game, music....) This is time consuming and I don't know how to fix it.

Can anyone help?

Oh, btw: i get a virus warning for the windows installer (4.12.0)