Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

ThommiTechnik

Hi, I installed the NDI plugin for Obs Studio 28 on a macbook air m2, after starting NDI streaming on Teams, on Obs Studio in NDI source I don't see any Teams users in the meeting, has anyone had the same problem? The same procedure if I do it on Windows 11 it works without any problem

View attachment 89656
Your Administrator, if it‘s not yourself, has to activate the policy for transmitting NDI and/or SDI. It‘s not part of the Teams–Program itself.

Vandonald

Has anyone noticed that some video media sources, when output via the NDI output filter, causes the video to become dark? Anyone know a fix for this?

Ggwppino

Hi!
I have some problem quality when I use this plugin.
My screen resolution is 3440p
original_quest.png
This screen was taken directly at the game.

NDI monitor from hx quest.png
OBS from HX quest.png
OBS from OBS chat.png
NDI monitor from OBS quest.png

1) taken using NDI Monitor with images sent from NDI Capture HX (Nvidia).
2) taken using OBS with images sent by NDI Capture HX.
3) taken using OBS with images sent by OBS.
4) was taken using NDI Monitor with images sent by OBS.
As you can see, the quality has dropped significantly when i use OBS plugin (expecially using OBS plugin NDI Source).

Also, the sending of images by NDI Capture HX and the OBS plugin has a significant difference in bandwidth usage. Images sent using obs use around 190Mbps, while NDI Capture HX around 50Mbps (using maximum settings).
Bandwidth NDI OBS.png
bandwidth NDI HX.png

Does anyone know anything about this that could solve my problem?

CBMoGraph

Checking in to make sure I'm not missing anything...

I installed the runtime and the NDI plugin on my Mac (Intel MBPro, running Ventura 13.0), and can bring in an NDI input using "Video Capture Device" and selecting "NDI Video". The video that appears comes from the NDI-provided "NDI Virtual Input" app. This works well, but....

1) It limits me to only a single NDI input coming into OBS. While that's workable for the moment, I thought the benefit of NDI was that we could have multiple inputs on a network and pull from them simultaneously.

2) Is there something else I should be doing? When using OBS 27, "NDI Source" was a separate source from "Video Capture Device". This current setup seems unnecessarily limiting - it seems to me that I'm missing something...

NIKOLASPW

Hello. Sorry for my english.

I have a lag of sound from the image. how to fix it guys? 0.5- 1,5 sek
win10 x64, obs28, obs27, obs29.

azafeiros

Excellent work people despite some glitches. I Installed 4.10 plugin and 4.5.1 ndi runtime on my laptop (windows 10). The setup works perfectly if I add one or two ndi sources (mobile phones with ndi apps). When I add the third the video starts to stumble and if I add the forth OBS crashes. Oddly the video stumbling and OBS crash happens with GPU not more than 40% and CPU not more than 50% use.
Is there a limit in the number of ndi sources the OBS plugin can handle?

Also I noticed the crackling sound problem in all of ndi videos, that has been mentioned earlier by many people.
I also tried NDI5 but the video were not in sync so I turned back to 4.10.

Lawrence_SoCal

Excellent work people despite some glitches. I Installed 4.10 plugin and 4.5.1 ndi runtime on my laptop (windows 10). The setup works perfectly if I add one or two ndi sources (mobile phones with ndi apps). When I add the third the video starts to stumble and if I add the forth OBS crashes. Oddly the video stumbling and OBS crash happens with GPU not more than 40% and CPU not more than 50% use.
Is there a limit in the number of ndi sources the OBS plugin can handle?
you aren't using WiFi, right?
Have you checked your network? can your switch handle the NDI traffic along with whatever else is already on the LAN? Any VLANs, routing, ACLs involved? etc... I'd suggest starting with network troubleshooting 101

Acey05

Hello. Sorry for my english.

I have a lag of sound from the image. how to fix it guys? 0.5- 1,5 sek
win10 x64, obs28, obs27, obs29.

Not sure how much you can translate what I say back, but lets try.

Does the lag happen always or when a new starting game?

If always, then maybe a system problem? Cable, Internet, WiFi maybe? Try starting from beginning install and stuff and step by step bebug what the problem could be.

But, OBS has a "bug" with NDI, when starting a new game that changes graphic card use (2D Mode to 3D Mode, game that requires extra power). OBS will "refresh" itself and this adds a lag always to Audio and Video, I think audio and video are correct times, just everything lags by 1-2 seconds behind.

I don't know how much more complicated I can explain back with translation tools, but hopefully this brings you to the correct path?

WVMJR

Hey, you can fix it simply by opening up a Terminal on mac, and write this:

sudo cp "/Applications/NDI Video Monitor.app/Contents/Frameworks/libndi_advanced.dylib" "/usr/local/lib/libndi.4.dylib"
This should be posted at the very top of this thread .... Thank you!!!

priscillareiss

I have an Intel Mac and installed obs-ndi-4.10.0-Qt6-macOS.pkg and NDI 4.5.1 macOS runtime. I then installed OBS 28.1.2
My HD60S Game Capture card is not findable as either an NDI Source or as a Video Capture Device in OBS 28.1.2 - Does anyone have insight about what the issue might be?

azafeiros

you aren't using WiFi, right?
Have you checked your network? can your switch handle the NDI traffic along with whatever else is already on the LAN? Any VLANs, routing, ACLs involved? etc... I'd suggest starting with network troubleshooting 101
Thanks for the reply. As I wrote at the beginning , I am using mobile phones on wifi. Indeed the quality of the netorking is important. I had very good results in experimental conditions in my office, but when deploing it on a volleyball court things became more difficult.
I managed to fix the crashing issue by using 4.10 plugin with the NDI 5 runtime. 4 streams connect without crashing OBS. But the quality is not acceptable (choppy video). I switched wifi to 5Gherz which doubled the bandwidth and things improved marginally.
Now I am trying to utilise the wired usb connection to achieve stable high quality video stream from my mi9 android mobile to OBS on my pc.

I have OBS working with 3 NDI video-audio streams from three phones with the connection made through WIFI hotspot (hot spot on xiaomi mi9, and the rest connected with wifi -mi8, pc, RealmeGTpro). Broad casting is made from MI9 through 4G connection. High quality streaming involves high bandwidth usage. I would like to reduce the traffic from the wifi hotspot and pass some of it through USB tethering since wired connection is more stable.

I have connected an MI9 xiaomi (miui 12.5, android 11) with a windows 10 pc trhough a USB cable. Internet sharing of the mobile 4G or WIFI connection seems to work perfectly.

With one exception. I am trying to stream NDI5 video (is IP based) from the mobile camera (Thallis camera) to the OBS (ndi 4.10 pluggin) on the win10 pc through the USB tethering.

The mobile camera is discoverable by the OBS on the pc and partial connection is acheived but only audio is trasnfered and not video.

During all tests internet sharing is perfect (traffic from the PC to android is perfect).

It seems as if video traffic, mobile to pc, is maybe blocked on the ndi connection port (5960-70).

Testing with an older mobile xiaomi mi8 lite , miui 12.03, Android 10) same setup, internet sharing perfect, and ndi audio and video stream perfect!!

Another test with a newer mobile, real me GT master (realme ui 3, android 12) resulted in identical results with the mi9 (video connection not working).

Another test replacing soft OBS with the NDI studio app of the NDI manufacturers had exactly the same results. Also replacing NDI streaming with SRT video stream (different protocol ports etc) worked perfectly.

My conclusion up to this is that after android 11 and beyond USB tethering setup is problematic as regards to NDI5 streaming.

Next I tested an external USB tethering app PDAnet+ on the mi9 phone. Streaming was working!! but the PC side client app caused serious problems on the networking, so I discarted this option, but it demonstrated that it is possible!

I would be gratefull if anyone had any idea why it is happening and if it can be solved. maybe a setting of USB tethering restrictions?

A secondary problem i discovered was that when MI9 and PC were connected through USB tethering, the PC could not discover at all NDi streams from mobiles connected to the MI9 wifi HOTSPOT , indicating somekind of lack of routing? (it is a fact that USB tethering sharing and hotspot sharing create different subnets).

Merry christmas people!!
Alex

BlackIC3

Hello everyone, I use OBS Ndi on 2 Windows PCs. These are directly connected to each other via a network cable. The signal from the gaming PC also arrives at the Stream PC, but no picture/sound is played back. Does anyone have any ideas what else I could try?
Thanks and greetings from Germany

azafeiros

Unfortunately my laptop cannot be upgraded to win 11. So I did a test on a win 11 desktop pc. The USB tethering setup with ΜΙ9 worked perfectly and trasmitted NDI5 video succesfully!!!! But when I stopped the stream and started again I found the same problem with my laptop!! No video, only sound. As if the video after the first successful run, was marked for blocking!! It has not worked ever since even after reboot everything.

The usb tethering app PDAnet+ worked only the first time used. Any subsequent efforts failed.
Exactly the same with Tetrd app which employes a VPN. It worked perfectly the first time used , but afterwards failed.

So the fact that ndi5 video streaming through USB , was succesful the first time used but afterwards seems to be blocked (only video, not audio) was reproduced 3 times already!!!!!

It is related to android 11 and 12, not 10.

Hotspot wifi Tethering does not have any problems. NDI5 streaming is perfect. Therefore it is related exclusively to USB tethering

Video streaming over USB is perfect if i change NDI protocol to SRT!!
So it exclusively related to NDI video streaming and not video streaming in general.

Jaybonaut

Hello everyone, I use OBS Ndi on 2 Windows PCs. These are directly connected to each other via a network cable. The signal from the gaming PC also arrives at the Stream PC, but no picture/sound is played back. Does anyone have any ideas what else I could try?
Thanks and greetings from Germany
Connected to each other? I thought everyone was connecting through a router/switch, not directly to each other.

BlackIC3

Connected to each other? I thought everyone was connecting through a router/switch, not directly to each other.
You can let it run over the router / switch or connect it directly to one another if you have a second network card. Everything worked fine until I changed my CPU.

Dumedo

Game PC is an i7-8700 32gb rtx3070, streaming PC is an i5-4570 16gb GTX1060, both on win10 and connected on a gigabit ethernet switch.
OBS NDI version 4.9 with OBS 27 has audio desynkc problems.
It start ok but after half an hour audio come late than video until it is 1 second or more later. Got few frame loss at the end of the streaming but 16 on 700000 I think it's irrelevant.
I did every test I found and the only way to make it work was split video and both mic and audio on their own layer. It worked for a few months but now I got desync as I said after half an our.

So I tryed latest OSB version 28 with the "obs-ndi 4.10.0 (OBS 28 Support)" but Streaming PC receive stuttering video from webcam and the streaming was without any audio, streaming pc correctly was receiving audio from gaming pc because audio levels bars where working properly. Also recording to hard disk was without audio. OBS got massive frame loss.

So I roll back to OBS-NDI 4.9 and OBS 27 but still got audio desync problems and I don't know how to fix it.

Acey05

Make sure all the audio settings in both Windows and OBS are the same (48khz, don't have too many filters that stress the CPU, etc).

Make sure both NDI are using the same Timing (Network or Source) and make sure both of your PC have the same Time as well.

Make sure any kind of extra streaming or recording on your Game PC isn't hitting the cap loads (95% on GPU for example) if they are, then record with the Hardware stuff like Quicksync or NVENC but on the lowest settings.

Trying Low Latency on your NDI is another option instead of normal (it's under the NDI Source) and make sure Hardware Acceleration is enabled if your budget PC supports it.