Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

Shuriken200

Using the unofficial release for a few days, working perfectly.

Any plans to support HDR color space in the future?
Yes.

We need this 100%!

It's the main reason why I am excited for OBS v28 in the first place. I can finally game in HDR and stream in SDR.
If the NDI OBS plugin does not support it then it's all for nothing for my part I'm afraid :(

macobs

Could someone explain the difference between "Main" and "Preview" output in the NDI output options?
Is there any way to see current bandwidth being used by the NDI output?

Thanks

Jaybonaut

Is there a diff between using 709 full and partial as far as that goes? I don't really notice anything as far as bandwidth goes; it seems about the same. I am talking about performance. I am also referencing the Advanced section of settings when I say that.

Jaybonaut

Another quick question: does output settings on the source pc make any difference when it comes to sync? Example: would it be better to have x264 settings on the source pc vs NVENC if you are using NVENC on the 2nd pc? etc. It seems that having hardware acceleration turned off on the plugin makes it smoother for me.

HoosierDaddy

is the new OBS 28 + ? now working with NDI i need this Plug in for my Audio to bring over to my Stream PC ?
Download new NDI plugin from NDI. You will need to manually delete the "old" NDI plugins from C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\(32- or 64-bit) and move newly downloaded plugins into one of the directories (whether you're using 32- or 64-bit OBS). Worked for me right away.

hotrodwinston

Download new NDI plugin from NDI. You will need to manually delete the "old" NDI plugins from C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\(32- or 64-bit) and move newly downloaded plugins into one of the directories (whether you're using 32- or 64-bit OBS). Worked for me right away.
Ndi plugin from NDI? Newtek made a plugin that works with OBS?

Shuriken200

Do explain this. What do we download(NDI tools??) and what files do we put where in OBS subfolders.

Madzaov

Can someone make it clear for me, most guides for setting up NDI on OBS says you can change settings > output however, they do not say weather to change streaming or recording settings. When turning on NDI plugin you just go into plugin and checking main output, effectively disabling the OBS recording or streaming buttons. This is confusing, do the recording/streaming settings even work and which ones should I use?

primitivomejia

hello, testing on windows for 2 weeks and so far working perfectly on obs 28, the pre release 4.9.2 thanks to the developer. Could it be possible also for mac m1?

hola, probando en windows desde hace 2 semanas y hasta ahora funcionando perfecto en obs 28, el pre release 4.9.2

AKY99

Hi,

Sorry. I have been using OBS for some time for my church but just purchased a Fomako NDI PTZ camera. I have the newest version of OBS. I am trying to figure out how to intergrate them. I saw the link above and I get the following error "NDI runtime not found. Download the following installer here: ...... 4.5.1" I didn't type it all out. Anyways, anyone mind letting me know what I am missing? Do I need to install a runtime of something? all I have done is copy paste the plugind into "C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit" and I pasted the obs-ndi folder into "C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins".

I do see that the runtime thing that they want me to download is an actual application. I have not downloaded any run-time application but I am afraid to do this as they one they linked me to seems to be an older version 4.5.1. Is there a newer version of this runtime application I should download in addition to copy and pasting the above plugins?

Thank you very much for your help.

TheDirewolf

Yes.

We need this 100%!

It's the main reason why I am excited for OBS v28 in the first place. I can finally game in HDR and stream in SDR.
If the NDI OBS plugin does not support it then it's all for nothing for my part I'm afraid :(
Just adding another vote that this would be amazing if possible.