Question / Help OBS NDI Crashing

Narcogen

Does this happen when you turn on program or preview output, or only when you add a dedicated filter?

TheGamerMAKS

Specifically when I add the filter then hit apply in the filter settings. So basically I can't even add it because before it finishes it crashes obs

Narcogen

Ok, so NOT when you turn on preview or program output?

I just ask because in my experience while I haven't had crashes using the dedicated filter output, it is noticeably less performant, and I wonder if there is a correlation there. There is also a known issue where certain older AMD chips fail to load the NDI module at all-- that isn't happening to you, but I wonder is something is going on with just the dedicated filter function that's causing the crash.

TheGamerMAKS

Correct. I can preview the camera and what is currently showing. It's just when I actually apply the NDI filter does it crash.

Narcogen

Ok. You might want to file a bug report on the NDI plugin with your specifics. As a workaround, I guess the only question is whether or not you can achieve what you want with the program or preview outputs, or if you have to use the dedicated filter. (As I mentioned, I've also noticed that the dedicated filter is less performant-- it produces a performance hit when in use that is greater than either of the main outputs.

https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/issues

TheGamerMAKS

Ok, well thanks for your help. I've decided to forgo the laptop altogether in favor of just buying a usb extender off of Amazon. I'm going to be streaming tabletop games from my dining room and needed a way to use my webcams in there. Even if I could get this to work on my laptop, it probably isn't powerful enough to get the desired quality of footage out of it.

I am having the same issue. Here is my crash dump.

Unhandled exception: c0000005
Date/Time: 2020-07-05, 23:02:24
Fault address: 7FFA4B041560 (c:\program files\newtek\ndi 4 runtime\v4\processing.ndi.lib.x64.dll)
libobs version: 25.0.8 (64-bit)
Windows version: 10.0 build 18362 (revision: 900; 64-bit)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

I am having the same issue. Here is my crash dump.

Unhandled exception: c0000005
Date/Time: 2020-07-05, 23:02:24
Fault address: 7FFA4B041560 (c:\program files\newtek\ndi 4 runtime\v4\processing.ndi.lib.x64.dll)
libobs version: 25.0.8 (64-bit)
Windows version: 10.0 build 18362 (revision: 900; 64-bit)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

Attachments

• Crash 2020-07-05 23-02-25.txt
    104.2 KB · Views: 39

CVHawkeye

Hey guys, I'm setting up a laptop to send my camera capture to my streaming pc. I just installed NDI but every time I try to apply it to a source my OBS crashes. Any ideas? Here is my log: https://obsproject.com/logs/g9I3advQ_gql8zhn

This reply is probably a bit late, I had the same problem of OBS for windows crashing (on my very old PC used for streaming runing WIndows 10 x64). The culprit for my case is the NDI runtime 4.5.1. OBS x64 runs fine on a fresh install without plugins. The instant I installed the NDI runtime, OBS x64 crashes upon launch. My solution is to install OBS 32bit (both the latest versions of OBS and NDI works with 32bit OBS). I don't have a crash issue on my main PC on 64bit OBS+NDI.