Question / Help OBS NDI causing extreme frame lag/stream disconnections

Hazeruh88

To sum it up, I stream Fortnite on a 144hz monitor perfectly fine with normal obs streaming on my gaming pc. The issue is late game in competitive fortnite frames drop heavily as well as ping increase because of their bad servers. The frames drop heavily and they are much higher if the stream is turned off/streaming via ndi settings on my second pc. Here lies the issue. When I stream via Ndi dual pc, my frames drop heavily so much that the stream disconnects, my internet crashes for 10-15 seconds and then obs lags/disconnects. I've lowered my bit-rate. I've lowered settings so I would get better frames. I don't know what to do. I want to stream competitive fortnite but I can't do so when I'm getting severe fps drop because it hinders my performance heavily. Any solutions/ things I could try. I just want the ndi dual pc stream setup to work properly.

TL:DR: I need help fixing NDI Obs so it streams properly instead of disconnecting every 2-4 minutes/crashes.

OBS Crash Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/ll0EA7v703lZ6dFw
Another crash log that looks different the the one above?: https://pastebin.com/GKUSPk6v

Gaming PC Hardware:

AMD Threadripper 1950x
X399 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard
GTX 1080
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
32gb Ram I forget the brand

Stream PC:

Amd Ryzen 1800x
32gb Ram
Asus b350 Motherboard
Gtx 970
Samsung SSD 850 evo

Narcogen

Neither of those are crash logs.

That said, the latter seems to indicate the problem is your internet connection:

1. 22:41:35.662: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 1196 (15.7%)

Hazeruh88

Neither of those are crash logs.

That said, the latter seems to indicate the problem is your internet connection:

1. 22:41:35.662: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 1196 (15.7%)

Sorry, obs doesnt seem to crash in the terms of getting a log. It just disconnects, freezes for a short amount of time and then reconnects. Rinse and repeats every couple of minutes with 1500+ dropped frames.

What exactly would this mean in terms of my internet connection

Chaemirix

I just wanted to reply here because the same thing is happening to me. It might eb an issue with the more recent builds of NDI, I never had this issue before the latest major branch. Try rolling back? I'll do that tonight myself.

UPDATE: Contacted ISP, they found no issues. Did some troubleshooting and found my dedicated streaming PC was actually losing all connection temporarily, both in and out. Plugged it into a different outlet, replaced all my ethernet cables, did a hard restart on everything and now it's been working for a few days. Hope this helps :(

Last edited:

TravlinJoe

@Chaemirix did this problem solve for you? So weird but it seems i'm having this same issue. Stream PC cuts internet completely while the rest of the home and gaming PC don't. So weird.