Question / Help OBS MULTIPLATFORM WITH ELGATO

Deadman03

I have updated OBSM and have reconfigured my settings. It is not almost completely blur and lag free. Much better then what it was. Thank you everyone for your opinion. I now know that there is not much point in getting an hd60 for pc. However i will continue to research about it and see if there is any benefits to it. Thank you all i will leave this post up for anyone who is interested and for you guys to keep talking about twitch. (I personally prefer YouTube's streaming service). :)

Deadman03

Hey guys i have done some more research and this is what i found.

On elgato's official website:

Elgato Game Capture HD is optimized to capture from many different consoles.

A lot of customers are also using Elgato Game Capture HD to capture their PC gameplay.

This article will help you setup for capturing PC gameplay.

Recording from one PC to the same PC

Elgato Game Capture HD software can accept the video input from the same PC that Elgato Game Capture HD hardware is attached to.

1) Output the signal from your PC, and run it into the HDMI Input of the Elgato Game Capture HDhardware.

2) Attach the Elgato Game Capture HD hardware to your PC using an USB 2.0 cable.

3) Go to the Display Settings on your PC, by right-clicking on the Desktop and selecting Screen Resolution.

4) Under Multiple Displays, select Duplicate These Displays.

Your PC should automatically output in 720p or 1080p to the Elgato Game Capture HD hardware, but it if doesn't, make sure that it's outputting one of the following resolutions:

720p (1280 by 720)
1080p (1920 by 1080)

To adjust the resolution, select a monitor and choose a resolution from the drop-down list.

5) Select OK.

The video signal will exit the PC, be processed by the Elgato Game Capture HD hardware, and then enter the same PC again.

There will be a few second delay between movements on the PC, and what appears in the Elgato Game Capture HD software window.

That PC's display will appear in the Elgato Game Capture HD software, as an infinite series of smaller and smaller screens.

If you want to record something, hide the Elgato Game Capture HD software after you start recording (perhaps by minimizing it), so all you will see is your PC's normal screen.

This However is for the external card (hd60)
and im looking at the internal (hd60 pro). So i found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll8LQc2K6yU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ZBxYHsjYw

Thus you can use the HD60 Pro to record PC gameplay

Harold

Don't use capture cards in 1-computer setups where you're trying to capture the same computer you're playing on.