Bug Report OBS Multiplatform 0.13.0 not working with new build 14251 Windows 10

Icemanvincy85

A completely seperate program yeah. It's irrelevant if the beta works or not, it's not the same.
Sure, but a good programmer should avoid an error such as "this software is not compatible". i don't know what is the difference between the builds of windows, in the insider hub says we didn't change or improve nothing...so it's a bit weird for me that error. I wanted to learn coding but i'm no good enough to try to fix myself and try to change it...but i think the solution is to use universal app. Maybe some coding in the newest build was changed for performance. Beta is good but incomplete for make a good streaming, so i hope the problem it's easy to fix.

mantazzo

0xc0000142 refers to DLL error.
(Based on https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-fix-a-0xc0000142-error-game-application-in-Windows-7 and my own experience. Do not mind that it mentions W7, it's common among all OS versions)

I checked the dependencies and it might be that your C++ 2013 Libraries might be corrupt, as it depends on MSVCP120.dll and MSVCR120.dll. I'd reommend you to fully uninstall them and reinstall them. Additional solution might be putting the required dlls, but it's not recommended.
If full reinstalling c++ libraries did not help, try fully reinstalling OBS-MP.
If it still doesn't work, it means Microsoft changed something recently and it will not work (for now).

Also, as people said, you shouldn't really be using Insider builds for more serious stuff like streaming, because they tend to be more unstable or break things (one update had gaming broken).

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'm almost totally positive that this technically isn't the fault of OBS, but rather the windows insider build. It is an unreleased/testing build after all. This apparently is also happening with a number of other completely unrelated programs. Hopefully microsoft will patch this, but if for some reason I have to make a workaround I will somehow or another.

GillyMoMo

All I know is after looking at the changelog, I am very pleased with quite a few of the additions and changes to OBS-MP. I would be in the dev chat more often but I needed to find another IRC client. Now to go and update my distro since this big jump has been made (even though I have OBS listed in the repos). My suggestion got heard and all I have to say to the devs is Hell yeah!! I will be taking a gander when I return home from my training. See ya'll in IRC later!

Icemanvincy85

I talked to quickly. This night OBS beta dropping frame and disconnect me every 30 second..i can't streaming neither with the beta version now. Hopefully it's a server problem for twitch...no windows update so it's strange for me. Yesterday works very well

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
We didn't change network code -- so if you're having frame drops the update is very unlikely to be the cause.

Icemanvincy85

even the version 13.1 has the same problem. No windows update since this build was released...if someone has find a solution i could make a test for helping you out to develop it :) i have much free time, i can't help you to develop but i'm glad to help you in some way:)

Icemanvincy85

I easily fixed the frame drops, i mean the version 13.1 give the same error of 13.0. Error 0xc0000142. This program is not compatible with Windows

Osiris

I easily fixed the frame drops, i mean the version 13.1 give the same error of 13.0. Error 0xc0000142. This program is not compatible with Windows

You are a bit on your own when you try fast-ring insider preview builds of Windows 10. OBS is not the only application that has that error on the latest insider build.

Absent

The problem is not with OBS its with Windows. Roll back windows and stop trying to blame OBS for your problem.

Hi guys, first post in the forums. I was searching online for a solution to the same problem and came upon this thread.

I thought it might be wise to point out there is currently an issue with restoring build 14251 to an earlier state that causes essentially a bsod, and forces a clean install to get things working again.

Its the most recent post in the Insider Hub announcements if anyone wants to read in detail, and it includes a workaround.

Thanks for all the hard work guys from obs, I for one am happy to continue using the beta version for now until Microsoft fixes this build. That's what we get for testing new releases I suppose :)