OBS Lottie

OBS Lottie v1.1.1

zyzniewski

zyzniewski submitted a new resource:

OBS Lottie - Now you can play Lottie files natively in OBS

I haven't coded in C++ for more than 10 years now so started with something simple.
This plugin is using Samsung's rlottie library to play Lottie files natively in OBS.

Limitations:
- only Linux build right now, but it should compile on Mac and Windows as well
- file is played at OBS's FPS speed
- render is not cached (so you can actually edit size on the fly)

Read more about this resource...

cristian44137

I tried to build it in OBS 28.0.1 on Windows, but CMake says it can't find the following files:
libobsConfig.cmake
libobs-config.cmake
But I couldn't find them on OBS with the File Explorer search tool either , could you help me out? I'm new on this, would appreciate a bit more extensive guide in github on how to install it together with the dependencies.

ryantheleach

This seems pretty cool.

Is it able to animate / move any OBS elements, based on positions from Lottie? Or just play lottie files?

ASchneider

Hello guys! This Lottie thing is new to me and I can see a lot of potencial using it, if you combine real time render of After Effects projects. I was wondering: is it possible to have open parameters of an exported AE Lottie file, for changing on the fly something like text or trigger animations from it? That would be amazing and very powerful to do. Thanks!

zyzniewski

Hello guys! This Lottie thing is new to me and I can see a lot of potencial using it, if you combine real time render of After Effects projects. I was wondering: is it possible to have open parameters of an exported AE Lottie file, for changing on the fly something like text or trigger animations from it? That would be amazing and very powerful to do. Thanks!
It's called Dynamic Property and rlottie does have support for it: https://github.com/Samsung/rlottie#dynamic-property
It only needs to be implemented and exposed in OBS Lottie plugin so you can control it

ASchneider

It's called Dynamic Property and rlottie does have support for it: https://github.com/Samsung/rlottie#dynamic-property
It only needs to be implemented and exposed in OBS Lottie plugin so you can control it
Wow! That would be AMAZING. Do you think that would be possible with your plugin? Having this Dynamic Property feature combined with Streamer.bot actions, there's so much cool stuff it could be made! Like chat callouts, subscribes, even amazing lower thirds with animations and everything.

dynamiteandy

Hey,

Just wondering If it would be possible to add the following settings? (Copied from media source)

- Restart playback when source becomes active,
- Loop,
- Show nothing when playback ends.

I'm currently using this and was thinking of adding some confetti style animations using lottie but noticed while playing about with it sometimes it will show an already in progress animation, realized its because its not restarting.

Thank you very much, and great addon!

ASchneider

Hello guys! Anyone elso unable to render animations after the latest update? When I open a json file, nothing shows up, tried everything. Thanks.

zyzniewski

Hello guys! Anyone elso unable to render animations after the latest update? When I open a json file, nothing shows up, tried everything. Thanks.
Hi, indeed there's a problem if some options (like Loop and Show nothing when playback ends) are mixed. Will try to solve that ASAP.

ASchneider

Hello, thanks helping us out. Unfortunately it still doesn't work:

1683923437358.png

I've also uploaded the animation file (had to change to txt to be able to attach).

Thanks!

Attachments

• 143825-wow-emoji-lottie-animation.json.txt
    12.9 KB · Views: 23