OBS Logo Redesign Mockup

mrmcpowned

I don't know about anyone else, but OBS's logo seems a bit dated to me, and with the current update to OBS which changed the mic and sound icons, i thought I'd take a hand at my own rendition of what I think the OBS logo should be.

vcjMqQq.png

I've also attached the .ico files in the post for anyone interested.

Attachments

• OBS Icons.zip
    24.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

VooDoo

I mean yea OBS is used by other people, but do you think those speak to the crowd that actually uses obs?

mrmcpowned

I mean yea OBS is used by other people, but do you think those speak to the crowd that actually uses obs?
Even though OBS is used by people who play and stream video games, the main purpose of the software is not a Game Streaming software, and Jim has stated this before.

ThoNohT

Developer
To me, these images seem to imply that OBS is best used with WiFi. That's a pretty bad statement to make in your logo.
What's wrong with the current logo? I don't really see how something as abstract as that can look dated. But I guess that's why I'm not a graphic designer.

mrmcpowned

To me, these images seem to imply that OBS is best used with WiFi. That's a pretty bad statement to make in your logo.
What's wrong with the current logo? I don't really see how something as abstract as that can look dated. But I guess that's why I'm not a graphic designer.
Well, I was thinking of something that would signify broadcast, although admittedly the whole "Wi-Fi" thing didn't really come to mind. I had a few other ideas for what to place inside the monitor but they either felt too vague or too barren,

My only gripe with the current logo is that it doesn't feel like it represents the software in as best a way possibly. I don't really consider myself a graphic designer, but I'd imagine a logo should have some relation to whatever it is it's representing.

I also don't consider the mockup to be a final product of sorts, since ideas and comments like these help flesh out a more complete design.