Question / Help OBS limiting FPS

orion93

Hello!

I have a issue with OBS capping my fps.

I streamed CUPHEAD and if I have the preview on my second screen the game is cap to 60fps.

And if I reduce OBS ( so i dont see the preview screen) I have 144fps.

I would like to know if there is a way to make OBS not capping my FPS while preview is on my second screen.

thank you !

Attachments

• 2017-10-02 12-13-29.txt
    32.4 KB · Views: 459

Fenrir

Forum Admin
It's not OBS that is capping FPS, but rather Windows 10's poor ability to manage monitors with more than one refresh rate when something is being rendered on both displays..

Not much we can do about this, unfortunately.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
At this time, yes. Sometimes even that doesn't work. Usually keeping OBS on your primary display will alleviate the issue as well.

orion93

Ok i ll try that !
Some games I played (pubg) doesn't seems to be affected or maybe I didn't pay attention but cuphead i saw stutturing and fps drop in game. it's weird

jesyjames

I just tried consolidating my streaming setup to one pc and this is the main thing holding me back from fully making the switch. Doesn't matter what I do, if OBS is previewing on the 2nd monitor the in game fps is limited to that monitor's refresh rate. I find it important to be able to see the stream while streaming live, without delay. I do agree it's not an OBS problem as the other streaming programs I tried exhibit the same behavior.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Also, just as a note, this only affects the PREVIEW of OBS. The actual output for your stream/recording should be just fine.

deadbronco

just set both of your monitors to the same refresh rate and it fixes all stuttering issues. worked for me and now i have a lower frame time in osu when recording and having preview enabled. also sorry for the 5 year reply lol.
1666938297560.png