Question / Help OBS Keeps Disabling My Desktop Audio

SUP3RCUTS

I'm on Windows 7. I've already tried to re-enable my audio devices through device manager while I'm live, but no dice.

The issue has disabled all of my desktop audio. No YouTube, no Windows Media Player, no Winamp. Can't even use volume control. Also opened "Playback Devices" and tried to disable / re-enable (power cycle) the audio there, but the dialog box even freezes! Have to shut it down through task manager. If anyone could help me re-enable my audio while live (or even prevent OBS from triggering the issue), I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

• 2018-08-18 20-35-25.txt
    85.7 KB · Views: 29

Harold

It's looking like windows is changing the plug and play device id of the device you're using for desktop audio.

SUP3RCUTS

It's looking like windows is changing the plug and play device id of the device you're using for desktop audio.
Thanks for the reply! I'd been streaming for 8 hours by the time I bumped this, so I fell asleep right after.

So is there any way for me to change the plug & play device ID back while the program is on? I had a song waiting to play (on Winamp; I'd hit play long before and the program kept 'working' to start the song with no avail) and it just began after OBS shut down.

SUP3RCUTS

Hmm. But if it remedies itself after shutting down OBS, surely the program must be triggering it? Been looking up plug & play stuff and it's just as confusing.

SUP3RCUTS

Anybody else have a take on this? Did a short stream yesterday and had the same experience. Desktop sound disabled after mere moments of going live and came right back when I shut OBS down. A friend of mine said it may have to do with OBS or the ElGato capture device.

If Windows (my OS) is changing the plug and play device ID of my desktop audio device, can I change it back through the OS? Using Device Manager perhaps? Or might I have to go through configuration settings on OBS? Or through my capture card configurations?

carlmmii

Might be the "communications activity" thing in windows.

Go to your windows sounds settings. Communications tab, change to "Do Nothing".