Question / Help OBS Isn't Capturing Console Gameplay Properly (Aspect Ratio)

iimattyiceii

This is a problem I have struggled on and of with for months, and it's been a huge reason for me not streaming due to how frustrating troubleshooting can be.

I use an Elgato HD60 and play the Xbox One. For some reason, my Xbox gameplay aspect ratio automatically shows up as 4:3 as opposed to standard 16:9. Whenever I open OBS Studio and connect my Elgato, the aspect ratio is a square and everything is smooshed into this ratio. I don't remember what I did to fix this problem before. but I have spent many hours trying to figure this out. I have tried to edit the properties of the source, configure the video and change the profile, just to name a few. I'm just baffled as to why my Xbox One gameplay is showing up in 4:3 ratio, and why I can't seem to change it.

Thanks for any and all replies,
Matt

Attachments

• obs issue.png
    obs issue.png
    249.6 KB · Views: 74

Fenrir

Forum Admin
open the video capture device properties in OBS and click on Configure Video, make sure the Elgato driver is set to the right modes.

wrice4

Have you tried opening up Elgato Software and making sure its at the correct aspect ratio there? Then it should reflect on OBS.