Question / Help OBS is not showing my game!!!

dping

Well I have "use anti-cheat compatibility hook" on, is that okay?
I did all the steps and gave newest log file
If using anticheat doesn't allow game capture then dont use it. if you "have" to use it, it means using it is allowing your game to show up. in that case, you dont have an issue.

Zero5906

Well when I first streamed skyrim and when it was working, it wasnt on. Do you know if it might any settings issue with skyrim directly or something else? I didnt change anything but -shrug-

dping

Well when I first streamed skyrim and when it was working, it wasnt on. Do you know if it might any settings issue with skyrim directly or something else? I didnt change anything but -shrug-
it isn't needed to my knowlege. you really just need try what I said above.

Zero5906

If mean by this "make sure you remove all game captures from all scenes. add one back, do nothing but point it to skyrim. restart OBS and see if it shows up assuming you have a second monitor. you dont need compatibility mode for skyrim in the game capture either.

after you do this, restart OBS then record for 5 minutes then stop and post a new log."

Yeah, I did that.

Suslik V

Once a time I had an issue with antivirus software (antispy modules recognized the capture of the screen event), so try add obs EXE file to the trust list of your antivirus software. It may help.

Suslik V

Maybe Excluded Files & Locations option will help? The issue I had was triggered by 360 total security.

Edit: or temporary disable windows defender at all (google it).

Last edited:

Zero5906

This is getting ridiculous, considering getting Xsplit even if I have to pay for it. I want to be able to stream my games -_- but I really dont want to have to....sigh

Last edited:

Osiris

In that log, the game capture only hooked into skyrim once, after that it was skype and firefox. That usually means that the game capture source isn't set to a specific game.

illutian

OBS MP: as Admin, v0.12.3
Encoder: x.264

Also having this issue. Fresh install of OBS MP, going through the setup and the first thing I add is Game Capture, Windowed, Archeage...nothing but a black screen in preview.

Works fine in the 'original' OBS.

dping

Also having this issue. Fresh install of OBS MP, going through the setup and the first thing I add is Game Capture, Windowed, Archeage...nothing but a black screen in preview.

Why are you running OBS MP as admin. this usually isn't needed

illutian

Why are you running OBS MP as admin. this usually isn't needed

Fr the record: I've tried both ways. And neither work.

As for why I do it. Because OBS [original] couldn't gain access to any game that runs as admin. I tried using OBS with SWTOR and under the Game Capture drop down selection SWTOR's .exe didn't show up until I ran OBS as admin.

I also have to run TS and Ventrilo as Admin in order to use the push-to-talk function if the game requires 'admin rights' to run.

It would seem that programs attempting to interact in anyway with another program that has had its privileges elevate cannot do so, which makes perfect sense in terms of security.

Joe33345

This is getting ridiculous, considering getting Xsplit even if I have to pay for it. I want to be able to stream my games -_- but I really dont want to have to....sigh

Do you happen to have anything custom installed on your Skyrim like ENB's? They'll overwrite Game Capture on all 3 programs. OBS, OBS-MP and XSplit. One way you can work around the problem is force your ENB into Windowed Borderless and Window Capture the game. Hope this helps :D

Zero5906

I dont use any ENBs and Ive BEEN using game capture, and I cant immediately set it to skyrim, I have to reset OBS for skyrim option to show up.

only difference that did change though is that I am now using Mod Organizer, but that wouldnt matter, would it?

Last edited:

Zero5906

I get exact same thing but normal OBS also doesnt work, last time I tried