OBS-HUD

Free OBS-HUD 0.9.2

CobaltDragon

CobaltDragon submitted a new resource:

OBS-HUD - Tool to display customizable, on-screen status icons for OBS streaming and recording activity.

OBS-HUD is a standalone software utility that provides customizable, on-screen status icons to indicate OBS streaming and recording activity. Monitoring these OBS functions no longer requires looking to the system tray icon or main window. Instead, users have complete control and freedom to place visual icons wherever desired on their monitor(s). OBS-HUD works by monitoring the OBS application directly. When OBS starts streaming or recording, OBS-HUD automatically displays the appropriate...

Read more about this resource...

Rubik's Cube

屏幕截图.png

Can't see the candidate boxes for the 2 options, but can be modified via ini to make the function work.
Is it possible to add to make the program start in the background?

CobaltDragon

View attachment 98875
Can't see the candidate boxes for the 2 options, but can be modified via ini to make the function work.
Is it possible to add to make the program start in the background?
Hello Rubik's Cube,

The quickest way to have OBS-HUD start with Windows would be to create a shortcut and place it in the Startup folder.

1. Right-click OBS-HUD.exe, choose Create Shortcut.
2. Click and drag the new Shortcut file to the Star Menu button on the taskbar (do not release the mouse yet), wait for the Start Menu to open, then drag the shortcut to the Programs->Startup folder and drop it there.

After performing these steps the Startup folder should look like this:
1698693881652.png

OBS-HUD will launch every time you start Windows. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Rubik's Cube

Hello Rubik's Cube,

The quickest way to have OBS-HUD start with Windows would be to create a shortcut and place it in the Startup folder.

2. Click and drag the new Shortcut file to the Star Menu button on the taskbar (do not release the mouse yet), wait for the Start Menu to open, then drag the shortcut to the Programs->Startup folder and drop it there.

View attachment 98882

OBS-HUD will launch every time you start Windows. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Hello, sorry for not being clear before, I meant to say silent launch, which means that the software page does not appear.
I've also found that the software does not recognize the OBS software correctly after obs silent start, and I need to reopen the OBS software page to recognize OBS correctly.

CobaltDragon

To make sure I understand, you would like an option to have OBS-HUD automatically minimize to the system tray when started. Is that correct?

Also, can you explain what you mean by "obs silent start"?

Rubik's Cube

To make sure I understand, you would like an option to have OBS-HUD automatically minimize to the system tray when started. Is that correct?

Also, can you explain what you mean by "obs silent start"?
Sorry for using google translate because my native language is not English!
Sorry, because of my native language, I can't quite understand what the translation software would translate into something else.
Yes, you understood correctly, I was "would like an option to have OBS-HUD automatically minimize to the system tray when started".
"obs silent start"
That's what the following picture means.
If "OBS minimize to system tray then started" is checked, OBS-HUD will not recognize the OBS software correctly.

1698908626899.png

Last edited:

CobaltDragon

Thank you for the additional details.

I have reproduced the detection failure when OBS is set to start minimized in the system tray. A fix should be included in the next release. I will also look at adding an option for OBS-HUD to start minimized.

CobaltDragon

CobaltDragon updated OBS-HUD with a new update entry:

0.8.7 Update

[+] Added support for OBS v30.0.0 and v30.0.1
[+] Added option to Start OBS-HUD minimized in system tray
[+] Added manual update check via Help menu -> OBS-HUD Online -> Check for updates...
[*] Updated tray menu background color
[*] Set default GUI font to Microsoft Sans Serif (override by appending any font name to the 'MainGUIFont=' line in obs-hud_settings.ini. e.g. 'MainGUIFont=Times New Roman')
[*] About dialog set to Always on Top
[!] Fixed detection routine so OBS-HUD will detect OBS...

Read the rest of this update entry...

CobaltDragon

Sorry for using google translate because my native language is not English!
Sorry, because of my native language, I can't quite understand what the translation software would translate into something else.
Yes, you understood correctly, I was "would like an option to have OBS-HUD automatically minimize to the system tray when started".
"obs silent start"
That's what the following picture means.
If "OBS minimize to system tray then started" is checked, OBS-HUD will not recognize the OBS software correctly.

View attachment 98951
OBS-HUD 0.8.7 has been released with a fix for this detection issue and an option to automatically run minimized, among other updates. Please let me know of any issues.

Rubik's Cube

Hello Rubik's Cube,

View attachment 98882

v0.8.8 Unable to make the software start with Windows; I have tried other methods. The Windows Task Scheduler also cannot start it.

CobaltDragon

v0.8.8 Unable to make the software start with Windows; I have tried other methods. The Windows Task Scheduler also cannot start it.
At the moment I have no idea why those startup options are not working for you. I just tested Task Scheduler and the Startup folder on my system and both worked without issue.

Are you able to start other third party programs using those methods?

Rubik's Cube

At the moment I have no idea why those startup options are not working for you. I just tested Task Scheduler and the Startup folder on my system and both worked without issue.

Are you able to start other third party programs using those methods?
I tried writing a VBS script to start it and placed the VBS script in the startup directory. Now, it can start up normally. However, the software generates three files in the startup directory at the same time it starts.
{obs-hud_quickstart.txt} {obs-hud_readme.txt} {res02.dll}

vbs:
Set ws = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
ws.Run "F:\桌面功能图标\OBS-HUD\OBS-HUD.exe", 0

CobaltDragon

I tried writing a VBS script to start it and placed the VBS script in the startup directory. Now, it can start up normally. However, the software generates three files in the startup directory at the same time it starts.
{obs-hud_quickstart.txt} {obs-hud_readme.txt} {res02.dll}

vbs:
Set ws = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
ws.Run "F:\桌面功能图标\OBS-HUD\OBS-HUD.exe", 0
I'm glad you found a working startup method.

The three generated files are intentional, since those files are required for certain functions and features of the OBS-HUD main interface. The ZIP package includes the files in the distribution, but if they are missing from the program folder when OBS-HUD starts, the program will re-extract them as needed.