OBS Game Capture - For Cyberpunk 2077 - Crashes the game a few seconds after launch

thecbass

I have narrowed down this issue with Cyberpunk at the moment. Running OBS as administrator yields the same issue. If my scene has a game capture, either at full screen or window specific, Cyberpunk crashes almost immediately. Tested with Horizon Zero dawn and it worked fine. It is odd because a couple weeks ago it was working fine with Cyberpunk too :( OBS does not crash by the way. Display capture works fine but obviously I only want the game to be captured. Any idea or advice on how to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated it. Thanks! :D

Attachments

• 2020-12-29 13-51-27.txt
    17.8 KB · Views: 43

Favoringorb

I also have kind of the same issue except my game crashes if I alt+tab. I've noticed it's only with the game capture so far and works fine when game capture isn't capturing. I have previously fixed it by just doing a system restart but that has only ever worked once. Would also love to find a solution to this issue if there is any. Thanks!

Caela223

I had this issue today. I disabled overlays and known programs with conflict (Nahimic). Still crashed. Ran Cyberpunk as an admin, and it didn’t crash, but my Game Capture was black. The fix for me was to run both Cyberpunk and OBS as an administrator.