OBS freezing during stream, no crash logs

idkmanJoe

Hey everyone! I'm having an issue with my OBS as of last Saturday (July 14th 2024), My OBS freezes around 6 hours in. The preview screen freezes and my bitrate goes to 0 but I can still see activity on OBS. The audio sliders move and I can see chat activity. The stream doesnt transmit to twitch anymore or youtube ( I multistream) but the OBS menu still says "stop streaming" instead of "start streaming" and when i click it nothing happens. When i try to close OBS nothing happens. I need to end task from task manager. The only plugin i use it the muti RTMP plugin for multistreaming but I've been using that without a problem for around 2 months now. I did a windows update on July 12th 2024 and I started using a new webcam (4k) on July 13th 2024. Those are the only things I've changed. I'm attaching 3 log files, 2 for streams that have frozen(14th and 18th) and 1 for a stream where it didnt happen (17th). I've looked around the forums and the only solution ive seen people recommend is to turn off Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling. I can also try to rollback the previous windows update and also go back to my old webcam. This issue isnt reproducible every stream but it's happened on the 14th and on the 18th so it's a little hard to troubleshoot. Something I've noticed is that both streams died around the exact same time (6 hours in) after starting though I dont know if that's useful. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm a full-time streamer and this is affecting my work!

Attachments

• 2024-07-14 04-22-47.txt
    147.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 2024-07-18 04-20-57.txt
    191.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 2024-07-17 04-15-49.txt
    199.7 KB · Views: 8

PaiSand

Please read and follow directions and recommendations on the analyzer:

Make sure the plugin you have installed is updated and compatible with the OBS version you're using. If you don't use this plugin, remove it.
Display capture must be on it's own scene, separated from game or window capture methods.

idkmanJoe

Yes the plugin is updated and compatible. I have been using it without issues for the past 2 months. The most recent OBS update was done on the 16th of July. I had a freeze on the 14th and on the 18th. I dont have a display capture along with game capture or window capture. I'm not sure why its flagging that. They are on different scenes. I have some window captures along with game captures but those are for things like input display.

PaiSand

So, test without the plugin (remove it). If a freeze still happens, then come back and post that log file in here.
If not, contact the creator of the plugin to solve the problem caused by the plugin itself.

idkmanJoe

Well sure but is there a reason why you think its the plugin as I've not had a single issue using that plugin. It's a multistreaming plugin used widely as well. I was thinking it could be more related to either my webcam change or windows update recently (there was an update on the 12th)

idkmanJoe

Sorry for my ignorance cause i see you have a point, but that memory leak line is only from the logs of the good stream and it's not in the streams where i actually dealt with the freeze. And also in the good stream, it showed up after i ended stream already. So is it something to look into?

PaiSand

The logs where you said freezes are cut short so you can't see the last portion of the log file. That's why you can see it on the third one.
And yes, when you see memory leaks there's a problem to be solved.