OBS "freezes" on a previous screen

pschmehl

I'm having a problem with OBS "freezing". What I mean by that is this. I have four scenes setup.

The first one is a brief intro with music and some visuals. That is used for every video.

The second is a scene in which I talk on camera with a background behind me. That is also used for every video.

The third scene is a browser view with me in a small picture in the corner. I use this scene to discuss current events, news items, etc. The browser is the focal point in this view.

This is what scene three looks like on YouTube.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 6.30.00 PM.png

The fourth scens is the camera on me with the same background that's used in the second scene and a browser window in the lower left-hand area of the screen. I use this scene for reaction videos.

This is what scene four looks like.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 6.30.20 PM.png

Generally, I begin my session by creating what I call Daily News Clips using scene three. Then, I create reaction videos using scene 4.

Every once in a while, the recorded video for scene four contains me talking about a music video that is not displayed on the screen, and the only sound is me tallking. I thought, at first, I was screwing up, selecting the wrong scene, but then I confirmed that I was selecting scene four.

The odd thing is, the scene has me in the foreground, as expected, but the browser window contains the last browser view that I had selected for screne three. It's as if OBS took a screenshot and then displays that instead of what I selected.

When I go to scene four, I go to the browser and select full screen for the video.

If I close and reopen OBS, it works as expected. This is the url to the log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/1EfsZMTDhpQc853Y

I am running MacOS Sonoma 14.3.1 on a Macbook Pro with the Apple M1 pro chip and 16 GB of ram, and OBS 30.1.0-rc1 (64 bit) The only plugin I have installed is the Background Removal plugin. I don't use it because it still doesn't work well enough for what I want. (I was hoping to setup a virtual background so I wouldn't have to setup the physical background each time I record, but it still doesn't display a stable foreground.)

As a workaroung, I'm going to try closing and reopening OBS in between videos. I assume that will "fix" the problem.

If you want to see actual videos to understand what I'm talking about, my channel is https://www.youtube.com/@paulschmehl2124 Any video named Daily News Clips is using scene three. Any video that is a music reaction is using scene four.