OBS freeze my PC when I'm on and offline from the stream.

jazminpastela

Hi team!

My name is Pastela, and I need your help. When I open OBS to start streaming on Twitch, my PC freezes and there is no way to unfreeze it. I have to restart the computer to keep using it. I'm attaching the logs, but there are no errors nor crashes messages.

This behavior started last Friday when I was streaming normally (while capturing my webcam) but when I changed the scene to my browser, the OBS absolutely froze and now, I can't even turn on the streaming because it will freeze.

My OBS configurations are the following:
Encoder x264
Rate control: CBR
Bitrate: 3500
Keyframe: 2
CPU Usage: veryfast

Also, my computer specs are:
CPU: i5 11400F
Motherboard: Gigabyte B560m
RAM DDR4 CORSAIR 16GB 2x8 3000MHz Vengeance Pro RGB White
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 Super Phoenix

I need your help. :(
Thank you.

Attachments

• 2021-07-11 22-57-50.txt
    20.5 KB · Views: 67

FerretBomb

That logfile shows OBS shutting down normally, and wouldn't be the one from the freeze. If you go into %appdata%\obs-studio\logs you can grab the most-recent one (or the one from the day it started freezing, they're date/timestamped from when you open OBS each time). Might get a bit more info.

There's a few possible fixes for this. What was the name of the scene you were switching to?

The 'nuke and pave' option is as follows, but loses ALL of your configured scenes:
With OBS closed, go to %appdata%\obs-studio\basic and RENAME the 'scenes' folder to something else. Start OBS. If it starts up fine, it sounds like you have a corrupted source in one of your scenes.

If you are talking about a Browser Source (and not a window capture of a browser window) it could just be a corrupted local cache file messing stuff up badly:
With OBS closed, go to %appdata%\obs-studio\plugin_config\obs-browser and RENAME the 'Cache' folder to something else. Start OBS. If this works you can delete the folder you just renamed.
This is a hard cache purge, but loses some cookie data so you may need to relog to some websites again.

With the log from when it first started freezing we might be able to give better advice though.

Do advise UNinstalling the StreamElements OBS.Live plugin though. It tends to cause random weird problems, and all of the functionality is already in main OBS Studio.

jazminpastela

That logfile shows OBS shutting down normally, and wouldn't be the one from the freeze. If you go into %appdata%\obs-studio\logs you can grab the most-recent one (or the one from the day it started freezing, they're date/timestamped from when you open OBS each time). Might get a bit more info.

There's a few possible fixes for this. What was the name of the scene you were switching to?

The 'nuke and pave' option is as follows, but loses ALL of your configured scenes:
With OBS closed, go to %appdata%\obs-studio\basic and RENAME the 'scenes' folder to something else. Start OBS. If it starts up fine, it sounds like you have a corrupted source in one of your scenes.

If you are talking about a Browser Source (and not a window capture of a browser window) it could just be a corrupted local cache file messing stuff up badly:
With OBS closed, go to %appdata%\obs-studio\plugin_config\obs-browser and RENAME the 'Cache' folder to something else. Start OBS. If this works you can delete the folder you just renamed.
This is a hard cache purge, but loses some cookie data so you may need to relog to some websites again.

With the log from when it first started freezing we might be able to give better advice though.

Do advise UNinstalling the StreamElements OBS.Live plugin though. It tends to cause random weird problems, and all of the functionality is already in main OBS Studio.

Here's the most recent one from a minute ago. https://obsproject.com/logs/BeSYEOBUBMcilSB0
I'm sorry, I wasn't talking about Browser Source! I'm using window capture (I capture Mozilla Firefox and VLC to watch .mp4 files)

The scene I used before and didn't froze was "overlay" (I have only my webcam and the chat) and I switched to "Internet" scene (the one where I use window capture with Mozilla and VLC).

jazminpastela

Hi! I renamed both folders as instructed and configured my scenes again. Yes, I used *.png, *.mp4 and *webm files that were created on another computer. I did use the software to record without getting any freezes, but today, right before turning on my stream, it froze again (before I could initiate it).
I'm attaching the two latest logs here.

Thank you :((((

Attachments

• 2021-07-16 21-51-46.txt
    15.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 2021-07-16 22-03-55.txt
    18.4 KB · Views: 28