Bug Report OBS eating graphics card memory every time I switch a scene

DanDudeAmiga

As I was tweaking & optimizing my scenes I did notice that every time I switch to another scene, the graphics card memory is being used more and more. I tried checkmarking images to unload when not in use and it seemed to help a bit. Same goes to using the internal media player to unload when done. Not sure whether I can do that with the VLC player. I double-checked and and it continued to eat the memory up until I stopped. It took a whopping 4GB of space (out of 8) until I closed the app. That's when all that memory reserved was returned. I'm currently using version 25.0.1, 64bit in Windows 10 (64bit). Log file included

Attachments

• 2020-03-28 16-22-36.txt
    124.2 KB · Views: 6

koala

You have an enormous amount of monitors, scenes and sources. Since OBS is doing its compositing on the GPU, its memory requirement becomes enormous as well. If there are any issues with it, i. e. some app isn't able to run any more due to no available GPU memory, reduce the complexity of your scene and source setup. For example, you can manage scene collections with the same named menu option. Move scenes and sources unrelated to the current stream to a different scene collection. Scenes in other scene collections don't use up any resources.