Question / Help OBS don't see my Elgato ( MAC 2018 )

MOTHE

Hello
OBS Studio don't see my Elgato when i want to link them with the video capture in the options...
I've a very recent MAC, ( Sorry for my English i'm French ) ! :)

Have a good day

Dilaz

Unfortunately Elgato doesn't provide Mac drivers for the HD, HD60, or HD60S that work with OBS, so you can't add them as a video capture device. You'll have to run their software in fullscreen and capture the window instead, or replace your card with the Camlink. Elgato will not be providing drivers. A video tutorial is available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO0zrNzDhVE

Yes, it's unfortunate that so many Mac users buy ELgato products thinking they will work. The box says Mac compatible. I went through the same frustration after buying the Elgato HD. Elgato blames the MAC OS saying its extremely difficult to create a driver for OBS... But somehow their devices are magically seen on a Mac when you use THEIR streaming software.

TimSimpson

yeah - it's elgato writing software thats at fault here, not the mac... As others have said there are plenty of tools that do work like the blackmagic encoder .. which is also natively supported in OBS btw.

agar1

Hi there, I was about buying an Elgato but thanks god I read this before! I have a Mac, any recommendation of a (cheap) game capture? Thanks in advance!

agar1

Thanks Harold, too expensive for my budget. I am looking for something less than US$120. Any recommendation?

michaelmistaken

I'm looking for a good value Mac-compatible capture device myself, so checked these out. They're great devices (yay for Thunderbolt!) but their tech spec page seems to support 1080 capture at 60 interlaced, not 60p. That's a problem for me, but might not matter for others.

83metoo

Unfortunately Elgato doesn't provide Mac drivers for the HD, HD60, or HD60S that work with OBS, so you can't add them as a video capture device.

Hi, you said there are no drivers for HD, HD60 and HD60s - can I take the Elgato Cam Link at my MAC and will capture the video in OBS?

83metoo

Then you may need to go up to the HD mini
Dear Harold, can you help with that?

Unfortunately Elgato doesn't provide Mac drivers for the HD, HD60, or HD60S that work with OBS, so you can't add them as a video capture device.

Hi, you said there are no drivers for HD, HD60 and HD60s - can I take the Elgato Cam Link at my MAC and will capture the video in OBS?