Question / Help OBS doesn't capture any desktop audio, despite even reinstalling?

Lejten

My mixer doesn't rise when I have desktop audio playing. Oddly enough, the microphone from the same headset actually works. I tried everything, reinstalling, turning monitoring on/off, changing the output to realtek instead. Didn't pick up any audio.

Narcogen

In Windows sound control panel, check that you've got device exclusivity off.

It looks like your headset is your default input and output, and OBS successfully gets permission to use the microphone, but Windows is not letting it have access to the headphone output:

21:08:11.582: [WASAPISource::TryInitialize]:[Zestaw słuchawkowy (CORSAIR VOID ELITE USB Gaming Headset)] Failed to get initialize audio client: 887C001E
21:08:11.582: [WASAPISource::WASAPISource] Device 'default' not found. Waiting for device

21:08:11.714: WASAPI: Device 'Mikrofon zestawu słuchawkowego (CORSAIR VOID ELITE USB Gaming Headset)' initialized

Lejten

Bonus: When I try to record with Camtasia recorder I also get a System Audio-related error, so It might be something on my side.

EDIT:Ah, alright. I'll see.

Narcogen

By default windows audio devices only allow one program at a time to access. This is called exclusivity. If some other software wants to use the headphones, OBS will be denied if exclusivity is on.

Lejten

1581539086610.png

Appears that after I disabled exclusivity and relaunched OBS I still got nothin.

logs again

Narcogen

21:22:06.012: [WASAPISource::TryInitialize]:[Zestaw słuchawkowy (CORSAIR VOID ELITE USB Gaming Headset)] Failed to get initialize audio client: 887C001E
21:22:06.012: [WASAPISource::WASAPISource] Device 'default' not found. Waiting for device

There's some other cause, then, but OBS is still being denied access to the device.

Does this headset use a pseudo surround mode? If so, can you turn it off?

Lejten

add up to the previous post: the microphone of the headset works fine in OBS though.
I also have to go now, I'll try to figgure this out tommorow as I live in europe and I have some stuff to do tommorow. thanks for the help attempt.

Narcogen

Again, not sure of the cause, but OBS is asking to use the headset and Windows is saying no:

21:46:07.726: [WASAPISource::TryInitialize]:[Zestaw słuchawkowy (CORSAIR VOID ELITE USB Gaming Headset)] Failed to get initialize audio client: 887C001E
21:46:07.726: [WASAPISource::WASAPISource] Device '{0.0.0.00000000}.{905474ce-f89a-45ed-b08e-b92a8af6d110}' not found. Waiting for device

The absolutely most common reason for this is exclusivity.

In your screencap I noticed you turned off exclusivity on the microphone, but the headphones are a separate device as far as Windows is concerned. You should double-check that exclusivity is also off on your default output device.

You may also wish to delete the device from OBS and re-add it, and select it specifically instead of selecting "default" if that is how you have chosen it.

FSI88

strange, but i suppose a windows update broke it.
FIX for anyone else that gets this problem:
turn windows sonic (7.1) on
apply changes
turn windows sonic (7.1) off.

Registered just to say after hours of Googling and playing with every audio setting imaginable in OBS, Windows, and iCUE - this for some reason, resolved my issue. Really frustrating, but thank you for posting.

noryd

strange, but i suppose a windows update broke it.
FIX for anyone else that gets this problem:
turn windows sonic (7.1) on
apply changes
turn windows sonic (7.1) off.

this also worked for me. thank you very much, i was very frustrated. couldnt figure it out for the life of me. would have never thought to do this if it wasn't for you guys. cheers fellas. thanks again.