OBS Disconnects ethernet every few minutes

tehror

So kinda like my title says. When i stream, bandwidth test or live. Every 5-10 minutes my ethernet will disconnect randomly for 1-2 seconds. It actually shows my ethernet disappear from task manager for that second then bounce back. even in network adaptor settings my ethernet will show "identifying" for a second or two then comes back. At first i assumed it was a websocket or extension issue from my logs but turning them all off and deleting the browser sources didnt change anything. This issue also only seems to happen when OBS is streaming, i sat for 30 minutes watching to see if i had any disconnects on task manager and not one issue.

ive also tested streaming on another computer and it doesnt cause the same disconnects. So it seems isolated to OBS.

Here are my logs from a quick test At 2:50 right before i ended the test stream is when i had the disconnect. but i dont see anything in the logs. am i missing somehting?

I also attached a stream from last night on the 27th where the issue happened a tonne over the two hours. This log is what made me think it was a websoket/sound alters issue. but ive removed them and it still persists.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• 2021-04-27 22-34-01.txt
    40.2 KB · Views: 17

Tpallot

The same thing is happening to me except sometimes it comes back and sometimes it doesn't. It shows the ethernet adapter is disabled. I have power management turned off in windows. This started happening about 2 weeks ago. If I leave it plugged into the USB port, it starts causing issues with the USB audio. My sound levels will be fine until the ethernet disconnects and then suddenly the sound drops down very low - so low that I cannot boost it enough. I have had to switch over to line-in audio. Ironically, if I physically unplug the ethernet adapter, the USB audio returns to normal. I have updated drivers, changed every power setting I can find, changed USB inputs, and bought two new ethernet adapters but nothing has worked. PLEASE HELP!

FerretBomb

The same thing is happening to me except sometimes it comes back and sometimes it doesn't. It shows the ethernet adapter is disabled. I have power management turned off in windows. This started happening about 2 weeks ago. If I leave it plugged into the USB port, it starts causing issues with the USB audio. My sound levels will be fine until the ethernet disconnects and then suddenly the sound drops down very low - so low that I cannot boost it enough. I have had to switch over to line-in audio. Ironically, if I physically unplug the ethernet adapter, the USB audio returns to normal. I have updated drivers, changed every power setting I can find, changed USB inputs, and bought two new ethernet adapters but nothing has worked. PLEASE HELP!
Please DO NOT hijack other users' threads. Your issue is almost definitely unrelated to the original poster's problem. Open your own thread, preferably including a logfile from a streaming or recording session where the issue occurred.

OBS will not disconnect your ethernet adapter. From the symptoms described, it sounds more like your machine has a significant issue with the general USB subsystem, if multiple USB devices are failing at once. This isn't an OBS-specific problem, and is out-of-scope for OBS support.

tehror

Please DO NOT hijack other users' threads. Your issue is almost definitely unrelated to the original poster's problem. Open your own thread, preferably including a logfile from a streaming or recording session where the issue occurred.

OBS will not disconnect your ethernet adapter. From the symptoms described, it sounds more like your machine has a significant issue with the general USB subsystem, if multiple USB devices are failing at once. This isn't an OBS-specific problem, and is out-of-scope for OBS support.
thats what i thought originally, but i just dont understand why these drops never occur unless im using OBS. Gonna just do a fresh OBS install to see if that changes anything.

tehror

thats what i thought originally, but i just dont understand why these drops never occur unless im using OBS. Gonna just do a fresh OBS install to see if that changes anything.
ok so the OBS clean install worked, not sure why i didnt think to do that sooner. Just did a 30 minute test stream and not a single drop. Im assuming it was one of my addons that did this.

thanks for the chat either way!

Tpallot

ok so the OBS clean install worked, not sure why i didnt think to do that sooner. Just did a 30 minute test stream and not a single drop. Im assuming it was one of my addons that did this.

thanks for the chat either way!
Thanks for the follow up. I will try a fresh install.