OBS difficulty encoding, crashed after using Auto Configuration Tool.

zanderVEVO

Most recent log is included with post.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong, I've been using OBS for several years as a means to stream and record, but as I'm trying to play more demanding games like Overwatch 2 or even theHunter: Call Of The Wild, I've been getting encoding issues -- and the program crashed as I was recording about ten minutes ago, right after using the auto configuration tool to try and optimize the program for my PC. I use Stream Elements and the new Vertical Source OBS plugins (I do not stream/record at the same time nor do I use Vertical Sources at the same time I'm recording).

When I attempt to record these games it's usually very laggy in certain places. Forests are hard for OBS to encode through, but not open fields in game, if that makes sense at all. I'm sure questions like this are asked a lot so I apologize for any inconvenience, I'm just confused as to what else I can try to do. I've turned down graphics settings, I've attempted to downscale output, I've played with the encoder settings for HOURS some days, and nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be appreciated. If you need PC specs:
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Intel i7-10700 8 core processor
ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus motherboard
32gb ram
NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
Samsung 2tb SSD (583 gb free atm)

Attachments

• 2023-03-28 17-58-41.txt
    181.9 KB · Views: 18

zanderVEVO

It's not urgent, necessarily, but almost a month later and seemingly no one has a fix. Is it something I'm doing wrong? Any advice would be nice.

Harold

There's no attempt to record or stream in the log, and the streamelements plugin is contaminating the log severely.

zanderVEVO

There's no attempt to record or stream in the log, and the streamelements plugin is contaminating the log severely.
Thank you for letting me know. I'm confused as to why there's no documented recording attempts, as I've been trying consistently since before this thread was posted, even for a few seconds to see any changes.

I have since uninstalled and reinstalled OBS + ran as admin to try and fix things and nothing has changed.

As for streamelements, I have absolutely no idea why it would have contaminated the log unless I've done something wrong or incorrect upon setup. In any case, are there any other ways I can provide other info from my current OBS setup that might be of more substance?

Harold

As for streamelements, I have absolutely no idea why it would have contaminated the log
The plugin itself, by the changes the plugin makes, contaminates the log just by being installed.

Logs are per launch of obs, not per recording/streaming attempt.