OBS crashing randomly when i change scene

Crowerinty

Hey!
So not really sure what else to do. Been trying to figure out whats causing my OBS to suddenly just crash when i change scene. The thing is it doesn't happen all the time. It happens like hours into the stream. I've tried to figure out what it might be from the crash log...but i haven't found much help through that :/

Would love if someone give me any kind of info on what it could be. I've seen it could be a browser source ? some say its a dock. I dunno, never had an issue with OBS until now.

From the obs log it could be streamelements ? that has some issues it seems. But was fine previously

Attachments

• 2024-05-14 16-09-21.txt
    43.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 2024-05-15 00-01-51.txt
    39.5 KB · Views: 12

Calamity Star

I am also having a similar crash on scene changes, sometimes after only 15 minutes, sometimes after a few hours. I don't know how to interpret the logs, but here is one from my last crash. I just let OBS run in the background in this case, but this crash and the scene switching crash feel related to me as they both appeared at the same time. The next time I capture the scene switch crash I will upload that log here too, but there are definitely unhappy messages about streamelements in my log too.

Attachments

• 2024-05-14 21-01-29.txt
    137.2 KB · Views: 7

DJJJONAH

Hopefully, the OBS team is looking into this issue, im streaming on twitch Friday and OBS CRASHED several times...
my obs is currently at 30.1.2

Crowerinty

I haven't been able to figure out if its exactly stream elements causing the issue. I tried the previous version of OBS. No error for stream elements. But still crashed changing scenes

Harold

The logs provided so far are only session logs, not crash logs, however the streamelements ".live" plugin has a history of crashes and compatibility issues.

Crowerinty

The logs provided so far are only session logs, not crash logs, however the streamelements ".live" plugin has a history of crashes and compatibility issues.
Oh thats my bad i thought i added it. But i don't have the live Stream elements plugin. Just have it for alerts and the activity feed as a dock

Attachments

• Crash 2024-05-14 16-08-21.txt
    147.5 KB · Views: 9

Crowerinty

Hey!
So not really sure what else to do. Been trying to figure out whats causing my OBS to suddenly just crash when i change scene. The thing is it doesn't happen all the time. It happens like hours into the stream. I've tried to figure out what it might be from the crash log...but i haven't found much help through that :/

Would love if someone give me any kind of info on what it could be. I've seen it could be a browser source ? some say its a dock. I dunno, never had an issue with OBS until now.

From the obs log it could be streamelements ? that has some issues it seems. But was fine previously
Crash log. I thought i added it, but obs doesn't normally crash. it just freezes. so only crash log i have

Attachments

• Crash 2024-05-14 16-08-21.txt
    147.5 KB · Views: 7

Harold

It's possible that the streamdeck plugin you have is out of date. remove it and reinstall it.

Crowerinty

It's possible that the streamdeck plugin you have is out of date. remove it and reinstall it.
Yeah i gave that a go. Only other thing that might be causing it to crash is a plugin i have. Other than that i'm not sure what else it could be

Calamity Star

My bad about the logs too, oops. I am just now getting deeper into the OBS world. Technically the "crash" occurs with the main OBS window shutting down, and then I need to use task manager to finish closing OBS as it is still running processes. I am not sure if a crash log is generated in this case, but I just wanted to be clear about the behavior I am seeing. I wonder if this is what Crowerinty is also having to do/experiencing.

Crowerinty

My bad about the logs too, oops. I am just now getting deeper into the OBS world. Technically the "crash" occurs with the main OBS window shutting down, and then I need to use task manager to finish closing OBS as it is still running processes. I am not sure if a crash log is generated in this case, but I just wanted to be clear about the behavior I am seeing. I wonder if this is what Crowerinty is also having to do/experiencing.
Surprisingly i can shut obs down via the window. My would just freeze fully and then turn into not responding, usually, i can close the window. I only barely managed to get one crash log. Only advice i see on this kind of issue is to check all plugins etc, and check sources. Which only helps so much lol

Crowerinty

Hey!

I can't update my original post. But i might have sorted out my issue ? Not fully sure yet, I'm cautiously optimistic. But it seems it was a plugin issue maybe. I tested running my obs for a few hours changing scenes and stuff and it hasn't frozen or crashed. Guess i'll have to wait and see.
To anyone else having something similar, i guess check all your plugins for obs if you haven't already.