Bug Report OBS Crashes when using a window capture while using DRI_PRIME=1

kyo342424

My Laptop has 2 graphics adapters. The Intel one which is not very powerful, the AMD one which is more powerful. So for obvious reasons I want to run OBS on the AMD GPU. To do so I usually put DRI_PRIME=1 in front of the program name. I'm running Ubuntu 18.04.3 and OBS 24.0.3 from the ppa.

It crashes either while adding a new window capture source or on start when a window capture source is already there. But this happens only with the AMD GPU. Same happened to me too with a plugin which adds a browser capture.

In the terminal the last message always says something like:
"Memory access error (memory dumped)" (This is translated from german, not sure if it translates correctly. If you understand German this is the original message: "Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)".)

I'm not sure if it makes sense to attach a log to this as either it crashes before i get into obs or after i added the window capture, please let me know if that would be of any help.

Any help is much appreciated.

okram

I'm using Manjaro with OBS 27.0.1-3 and I see the same issue.

When I launch OBS with an empty scene collection as

Code:
DRI_PRIME=1 obs
it launches, but as soon as I switch to a scene collection in which there is a window capture it segfaults.

DriveByAccount

Can confirm on an 2021 ASUS ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition running kernel 5.15 and the latest packages in Manjaro. I've set 'DRI_PRIME=1' in /etc/environment to force everything onto the discrete 6800M GPU. OBS will crash when adding 'Window Capture (XComposite)'. The workaround right now is to launch OBS with 'DRI_PRIME=0' to use the integrated GPU to capture things, which does work.