Bug Report OBS crashes when start streaming on Mixer with FTL

inductor

Has anybody else had the same problem here?
On High Sierra and latest OBS, whenever I try streaming on Mixer with FTL it crashes.

My PC environment: MacBookPro 2017, Core i7, 16GB RAM, latest High Sierra

Narcogen

Try a different ingest? Not sure where you are, but for me the ping to that ingest server is high and has packet loss.

PING ingest-wdc.mixer.com (169.47.9.111): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 169.47.9.111: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=274.095 ms
64 bytes from 169.47.9.111: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=306.945 ms
64 bytes from 169.47.9.111: icmp_seq=2 ttl=54 time=246.446 ms
Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
64 bytes from 169.47.9.111: icmp_seq=4 ttl=54 time=254.017 ms
64 bytes from 169.47.9.111: icmp_seq=5 ttl=54 time=279.384 ms
64 bytes from 169.47.9.111: icmp_seq=6 ttl=54 time=231.434 ms
64 bytes from 169.47.9.111: icmp_seq=7 ttl=54 time=184.300 ms
Request timeout for icmp_seq 8
64 bytes from 169.47.9.111: icmp_seq=9 ttl=54 time=237.557 ms

Patrick Brady

Thanks for taking a look, @Narcogen

The latency of a given ingest server is going to be location-based, which is why mixer defaults to auto-selection. Those results would be expected if you're pinging the server from a location that isn't geographically close to Washington, DC.

I can try pointing to a specific, different ingest server when I get home tonight, but even if that worked, it would still be a significant issue for OBS to crash due to lag or even timeouts from a FTL ingest server. You would expect stream performance to be impacted, but not for the program to fatally crash.

Were you able to reproduce this issue by any chance?

Narcogen

Incidentally the other "crash when streaming starts" thread in here is also using FTL on Mixer.

crackingrex6464

I am seeing this exact same issue. OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, OBS version 21.1.1, connecting via FTL to the auto-selected location for Mixer. RTMP streaming works fine. The apple crash report that I am seeing is almost identical to the one Patrick Brady posted.

Patrick Brady

Update:
I tested with other ingest servers and the result was the same on all of them. As @crackingrex6464 mentioned, RTMP works without issue, but connecting to mixer via FTL crashes every time regardless of ingest server. In each case, logs are nearly identical to my previous posts.

inductor

Sorry I didn't mention but as others say I have no problem with RTMP, no matter which server it is. So I believe it is a problem between macOS(maybe just on some specific versions) and FTL protocol.

Narcogen

Have also reproduced. Crash occurs immediately upon starting streaming in version 21.1.1. On the same hardware with the same Mixer profiles under identical conditions, version 21.0.3 functions normally.

Occurs only when using FTL.

Venom76

Same here.. MacOS Sierra on a MacBook Pro Early 2011. Crashes when trying to use the Mixer.com - FTL version.

OBS doesn't seem to create a crash file, I tried looking for one but couldn't find it and tried to click on the "Upload Last Crash Report" but it doesn't seem to do anything.

The attachment is from the MacBook crash log.

Hope this helps to get it fixed! :)

Attachments

• OBS_Mac_Crash_When_Using_Mixer_FTL.pdf
    128.5 KB · Views: 43

Venom76

Anyone know if anyone is actually looking into this or do we need to send our findings to an E-mail? Sorry new to all this.. ;)

I also get two error boxes that pop up after trying to restart the program after it crashes..

"Failed to find locale/en-US.ini" and then "Failed to load locale"

PaleJr

I just downloaded the latest OBS Studio since getting my new MacBook, and figured I would chime in that I'm experiencing the same issue with Mixer FTL.

Hope they can get it fixed.

Harold

The FTL code is a module provided by mixer's devs, They're going to need to be the ones contacted about it.

inductor

@Harold I believe what's what OBS dev would have to do. We, users, just can report what's going on and cannot contact to the MS devs directly anyways