Question / Help OBS crashes the moment it starts

lemonfries

I recently reinstalled MacOS on my laptop, had to install Mojave and then upgrade to Catalina. Then I installed OBS but anytime it opens it crashes, I opened straight from the executive file and this comes up

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "cocoa"
in ""
Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
zsh: abort /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/obs

I have reinstalled it probably 15 times at least, at several points redownloading the installer to make sure it wasn't just a broken download. I've restarted to see if it was just a fluke, nope not a fluke. I've tried looking up Qt and Cocao but all I got is Qt is a paid thing that I can only get otherwise by doing a limited trial, so I doubt installing Qt and paying for it is the fix to this issue.

The more I look up the issue the more I see random unrelated things, people having the same issue as me and not getting any help/replies, or people saying to manually set the QT location in obs's registry but I go to look that up and end up with stuff that looks like it's purely for linux(that or so unspecified to the point their description is only helpful if you already knew where it was, which defeats the purpose)

I assume I need to install something but I keep looking up how to install Qt or whatever is needed and keep getting different/unclear results. What am I meant to be installing and how?

Okay well I was going to copy the code that comes up when it crashes but now if I try opening OBS a mac window pops up and straight up says "OBS cannot be opened"
Okay I reinstalled it again and now nothing comes up, not even a crash code or "OBS cannot be opened". I've looked in activity monitor and don't see OBS in there at all so it's not just broken and hanging.