OBS crashes on updating from v28 to 29 inside the app.

Wrexadecimal

Hello everyone,

This morning I tried to update OBS from v28.0.1 to v.29. I was able to get as far as clicking "install and relaunch", as the program then closes and then gives me an "OBS quit unexpectedly" error. When I go to reopen the program, it is still on v28. I'm currently running Mac OS Monterey 12.6.2 on an Apple Silicon MBP. I've attached the log files both for OBS as well as the crash report from Mac OS after the attempted app relaunch. Any help would be fantastic!

Attachments

• 2023-01-08 08-51-28.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 24
  • OBScrash.txt
    75.9 KB · Views: 31

bearcatjamboree

Hello everyone,

This morning I tried to update OBS from v28.0.1 to v.29. I was able to get as far as clicking "install and relaunch", as the program then closes and then gives me an "OBS quit unexpectedly" error. When I go to reopen the program, it is still on v28. I'm currently running Mac OS Monterey 12.6.2 on an Apple Silicon MBP. I've attached the log files both for OBS as well as the crash report from Mac OS after the attempted app relaunch. Any help would be fantastic!
You may want to go here and report as an issue:

Issues · obsproject/obs-studio (github.com)

I'm not sure any of the developers monitor the forum...

claireannette

I had the same issue and my system itself started crashing, so I had to revert back to 28.1.2. I'm on MacOS Ventura 13.1 (22C65)
Thank you for posting this. I just update both OBS and my Mac to the most current versions and I should know better than to do that for at least a few months after new updates come out b/c now OBS keeps crashing randomly. I think I'll uninstall the new version until they get it fixed.